Steve Smith vs Freddie Mitchell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steve Smith vs Freddie Mitchell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:16 am

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:tremendous player. And to say he doesnt know the names of anyone on the pats secondary? thats ridiculous...i cant imagine that he doesnt know who troy brown or ty law are.

Law's on injured reserve in case you didn't know. So is Tyrone Poole. Troy Brown, while he may be known around the league is not particularly known for his coverage skills, and has performed adequately at best in his new role. I believe the point of his statement would be that with the exception of Harrison, their secondary is filled with a bunch of nobodies (though Samuels at least is developing into a good young CB).

Seriously, what WR would be afraid of Gay or Moreland? Alright, Pinkston would be, but Pinkston is afraid of a strong gust of wind (it has on ocassion been able to play sufficient man coverage on him). Outside of Pinkston no WR would give respect to these guys, simply because they haven't played well enough long enough to earn the fear and respect a guy like Harrison or Law would get.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:29 am

Who dares a brown bag with me? I dare anyone, to bet against the Eagles
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:31 am

come on people!!!!!!!!!!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:35 am

Eagles 30-17

I think the brids are going to klill the Patriot@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby DEF » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:51 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Eaglesfan wrote:I didn't see it yet so I can judge. How did he come off as? Saying like who are these guys, or that he actually didn't know there names.

exactly. he said he didnt need to know their names..that he knew their numbers. he said he only needed to know the packages they ran. it just seemed like he was saying they werent good enough for him to know or something.

Only problem is that Mitchell didn't even get the numbers right. LOL. He said a couple times that one of the Pats' corners was #25. He even went on to "guarantee" the numbers were right. The Pats don't even have a #25 on their roster. I didn't think Freddie would be seeing phantom Patriots until AFTER Harrison belted him.
DEF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:29 am

maddog60 wrote:
DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:tremendous player. And to say he doesnt know the names of anyone on the pats secondary? thats ridiculous...i cant imagine that he doesnt know who troy brown or ty law are.

Law's on injured reserve in case you didn't know. So is Tyrone Poole. Troy Brown, while he may be known around the league is not particularly known for his coverage skills, and has performed adequately at best in his new role. I believe the point of his statement would be that with the exception of Harrison, their secondary is filled with a bunch of nobodies (though Samuels at least is developing into a good young CB).

Seriously, what WR would be afraid of Gay or Moreland? Alright, Pinkston would be, but Pinkston is afraid of a strong gust of wind (it has on ocassion been able to play sufficient man coverage on him). Outside of Pinkston no WR would give respect to these guys, simply because they haven't played well enough long enough to earn the fear and respect a guy like Harrison or Law would get.

Yeah, but the Colts and their high powered offense that featured a record breaking QB, three WR's that had 1,000+ yards and 10+ TD's, and a great RB, AND two decent tight ends could not move the ball against the Patriots. If Harrison, Wayne and Stokely couldn't not get open against Gay, Samuel, Troy Brown, etc. then I don't see how an 80% Owens, PInkston and Mitchell are going to.

Belichick's just too good at creating schemes that shut down offenses. Like Jim Rome says, if you give Bill Belichick two weeks to prepare for someone, he can't lose. Personnel doesn't matter, as evidenced by the Colts game. Plus Ty Law has been out for most of the season, and the Patriots' defense has remained strong.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:48 am

bagobonez wrote:Yeah, but the Colts and their high powered offense that featured a record breaking QB, three WR's that had 1,000+ yards and 10+ TD's, and a great RB, AND two decent tight ends could not move the ball against the Patriots. If Harrison, Wayne and Stokely couldn't not get open against Gay, Samuel, Troy Brown, etc. then I don't see how an 80% Owens, PInkston and Mitchell are going to.

Belichick's just too good at creating schemes that shut down offenses. Like Jim Rome says, if you give Bill Belichick two weeks to prepare for someone, he can't lose. Personnel doesn't matter, as evidenced by the Colts game. Plus Ty Law has been out for most of the season, and the Patriots' defense has remained strong.

Well, despite the mismatch, you have Peyton Manning playing the Pats in Foxboro during a snow storm, it doesn't surprise me that his team lost. And if you look at the game's drive summary, they did move the ball, they just blew their chances with 3 turnovers.

However there is a flip side to the scheming record of Belichik. Surely no one wants to give him two weeks, or even 1 week if they can avoid it, but Andy Reid is literally unbeaten with 2 weeks to prepare (something like 8-0). I don't know if Belichik is unbeatable as well (I suspect if he isn't he's got at most 1 loss), but clearly giving Andy Reid two weeks to scheme is just as dangerous.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:46 pm

I'll give Andy Reid his due, so I guess it just comes down to the players then, and I still think the Eagles are seriously over-matched. I mean, the Steelers went 15-1 and beat the Patriots in the regular season, but in the post season (where Belichick and Brady are invincible) they got manhandled.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk