This is just too good to be true - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

This is just too good to be true

Moderator: Football Moderators

This is just too good to be true

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:27 pm

Owens is going to play in the Super Bowl despite the doctor's orders telling him not to. This is pretty much best case scenario. Not only will it prove that New England's the superior team (with or without Owens) but it will make Owens the cancer that he really is.

Look, he's already poisoning the team. His teammates are already sick of hearing about his injury and whether or not he will play. He's already becoming a major distraction. And when he plays in the Super Bowl and gets shut down and the Eagles get embarassed, that's when the words are really going to fly and the crap's really going to hit the fan.

Notice how there hasn't been one peep out of the Patriots' camp yet? They're focused and hungry.

Patriots 35, Eagles 17
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:29 pm

for goodness sakes, can't you get off it?? Who says he'll be shut down. I'm sure many people on these boards think that he'll actually be somewhat productive if he is given the chance. Oh, that's just your strong bias. :-b
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:32 pm

Ok this post is again ridicolous.

I feel New England is the superior team but you saying Owens playing in this will prove there better than the Eagles with or without Owens even if they shut down TO it is a HURT TO.

Notice how there hasn't been one peep out of the Patriots' camp yet? They're focused and hungry.

Is there ever a peep out of New Englands camp.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:35 pm

How's the kool-aid?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: This is just too good to be true

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:00 pm

bagobonez wrote:Owens is going to play in the Super Bowl despite the doctor's orders telling him not to. This is pretty much best case scenario. Not only will it prove that New England's the superior team (with or without Owens) but it will make Owens the cancer that he really is.

Yes, I hate those players that put the game and the team ahead of themselves and their own wellfare. Oh no, wait, those are the players I love. Did Brett Favre become a cancer to Green Bay by playing last year with a broken thumb, or the night of his father's death? No, he didnt. Did Travis Henry become a distraction by rushing for the Bills on a broken leg? No, he was the only thing resembling an offense on the entire team last year. By football standards its generally a noble act to put yourself at risk to help your team.

Look, he's already poisoning the team.

Proof? Oh yeah, this was said from the very beginning and its never happened. Media and critics have been examining every awkward glance, every conversation, but they've still been unable to find proof for their preemptive conclusion.

His teammates are already sick of hearing about his injury and whether or not he will play. He's already becoming a major distraction.

Oh, I haven't heard McNabb complaining, or Freddie Mitchell. Dawkins, Westbrook, and Trotter aren't upset about all of this. Where are you getting your information: I-Hate-Eagles-Anonymous Weekly?

And when he plays in the Super Bowl and gets shut down and the Eagles get embarassed, that's when the words are really going to fly and the crap's really going to hit the fan.

While you're at it Miss Cleo, mind telling me tomorrow winning Lotto number and when I'll find my true love?

Patriots 35, Eagles 17[/quote]
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:04 pm

Theres already a thread on this in the Leftovers section.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:17 pm

I don't think TO is being selfish by wanting to play and be competitive in the most important game of his 9 year career.
It's a tough call for him because he's been in the league 9 seasons and has never made it to the superbowl and figures that this may be his only shot. So, he may be willing to take the risk. But the risk is huge, and he could jeopardize his career.
But I don't think TO is putting himself ahead of the rest of the team.

Bag of bones.. your hatred for TO has no bounds....well done.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MCG321 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:30 pm

bagobonez wrote:Owens is going to play in the Super Bowl despite the doctor's orders telling him not to. This is pretty much best case scenario. Not only will it prove that New England's the superior team (with or without Owens) but it will make Owens the cancer that he really is.

Look, he's already poisoning the team. His teammates are already sick of hearing about his injury and whether or not he will play. He's already becoming a major distraction. And when he plays in the Super Bowl and gets shut down and the Eagles get embarassed, that's when the words are really going to fly and the crap's really going to hit the fan.

Patriots 35, Eagles 17

Posting baseless statements really helps your argument! ;-D
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:21 am

maddog60 wrote:

Yes, I hate those players that put the game and the team ahead of themselves and their own wellfare. Oh no, wait, those are the players I love. Did Brett Favre become a cancer to Green Bay by playing last year with a broken thumb, or the night of his father's death? No, he didnt. Did Travis Henry become a distraction by rushing for the Bills on a broken leg? No, he was the only thing resembling an offense on the entire team last year. By football standards its generally a noble act to put yourself at risk to help your team.

as much as bagobonez usual anti-eagles posts annoy me, he actually has a point here. You cannot compare this to Brett Favre and Travis Henry. They did not make a big deal out of their injuries. I know, everything is thrown itnto the spotlight more in the Superbowl, but this is not the same as Favre or Henry. In the most important game of the year, this should be kept out of the midns of the rest of the team. It is not inspiring. It is a pain in the ass.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:31 am

maddog60 wrote:[Oh, I haven't heard McNabb complaining, or Freddie Mitchell. Dawkins, Westbrook, and Trotter aren't upset about all of this. Where are you getting your information: I-Hate-Eagles-Anonymous Weekly?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=1974468

"I am getting tired of that question. We won last week, we won the previous week, it doesn't matter. T.O. is a part of the team, but he's not here right now. We're trying to go on and not proving to anyone we can win without T.O. We're trying to win the Super Bowl" - Philadelphia Eagles WR Greg Lewis.

Hmm, sounds like ol' Greg Lewis is starting to get agitated that T.O. is hogging all the spotlight even though he's not even going to play. United we stand, divided we fall.

No, I didn't get my info from I-Hate-Eagles-Anonymous Weekly. I got it from ESPN. Besides, I don't hide the fact that I hate the Eagles, so I don't need to remain anonymous.

ANd actually, ESPN threw their own spin on Greg Lewis' comments. Lewis was getting tired of the question: Will Owens play? Not the question of: Can you win without Owens?

Once again, the media tries to help Philly and defuse this comment so it doesn't bud into something bigger. Way to go media.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting