This is just too good to be true - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

This is just too good to be true

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:15 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:A referee bet on one of the teams in a game he was reffing. The team he bet on fell behind by 2 goals, so he helped them out and they won 4-2.

wow thats insane. they take soccer way more serious in europe than we take football over here. that guy probably got lynched. 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:50 pm

Not to be a party pooper, or nincompoop here, but to bring this thread back to its original thought.......it is now looking as if T.O.'s injury thing is turning into a distraction for the Eagles. Bonz may be right after all. Now McNabb is making statements about TO not making him a better QB, and there is clearly frustration among the Eagles for having to constantly talk about TO and if he will or won't play or not rather than the game itself. I'm actually cheering for the Eagles so I'm not agreeing with Bonz because of anti-Eagle bias but I think he is turning out to be right on the initial theme of this thread, that TO's injury thing is a distraction.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:12 pm

MCG321 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
MCG321 wrote:Oh, and bag, GP wrote this in another thread:

"The Pats beat the Steelers,no question,so this isn't a whining post...I'm over it,but this is kinda weird.

Rodney Harrison was fined(nothing new to him) for ripping off Hines Ward's helmet during the championship game yet no flags were thrown.In fact,the Patriots had one false start for 5 yards as their only penalty all game.

OK,so they played a solid game right?

They haven't had an offensive holding call against them in 5 straight playoff games,against some pretty good pass rushing DE's and OLBs...seems kinda odd to me."

And most of the calls in favor of the Eagles occur during the playoffs? What's your excuse for the Pats?

...hopefully it's funny. :-b

I never said the Patriots are in or out of the refs' favor because I haven't really watched them play all that often except the last 2 games. I know that in 2003, the refs were letting New England's secondary pretty much gang rape the Colts' WR's.

Bottom line is, no team in the NFL gets as much help on 3rd downs as Philly does. And 3rd down's kind of an important down to get help on.

As I asked before,

So now you're accusing ESPN of being in on this conspiracy? So how about other sports networks? Newspapers across the country? Why aren't they saying anything? Care to answer?

Because frankly I don't watch any other sports networks besides ESPN. I mean, really, what else is there? Fox Sports? Feh, I'll pass, no thank you. And I don't really pick the paper up much either, but I can tell you this, on Dallas Morning' News website, in the sports section, the headline was something about Philadelphia's returner Reno Mahe. Keep in mind this is the DALLAS SPORTS SECTION, and I'm getting news about Reno freaking Mahe? And below that was something about T.O. and McNabb. Where's the Cowboys news? This is the DALLAS morning news isn't it? Or did I stumble onto Philadelphia's website somehow?

You've got to be bloody kidding me. I realize it's the Super Bowl and all, but for the sake of all things holy, can't I at least go onto Dallas Morning News and not see something about the Eagles? :-°
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:15 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:You know what? I think I noticed a lot of calls going the Cowboys way during their dynasty years. I think that those 3 Superbowls in 4 years should be null and void.

Are you kidding me? Kevin Smith lived by today's "5 yard bump rule" his entire career. If he so much as looked at a wide receiver the wrong way, out came the yellow flag. Why do you think they invented the "hands to the face" penalty on offensive linemen? (Which they don't call on Runyan by the way). It's because Erik Williams was mean and nasty and dominated other people so hard that they had to come up with a penalty to stop him. Why do you think it's illegal for people to remove their helmets while on the field now? Because that was Emmitt's signature celebration when he would score a TD. Offensive pass interference was pretty much an unknown penalty until Michael Irvin started OWNING defensive backs.

Don't even try to tell me that Paul Fagliabue favors the Cowboys.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:17 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:Not to be a party pooper, or nincompoop here, but to bring this thread back to its original thought.......it is now looking as if T.O.'s injury thing is turning into a distraction for the Eagles. Bonz may be right after all. Now McNabb is making statements about TO not making him a better QB, and there is clearly frustration among the Eagles for having to constantly talk about TO and if he will or won't play or not rather than the game itself. I'm actually cheering for the Eagles so I'm not agreeing with Bonz because of anti-Eagle bias but I think he is turning out to be right on the initial theme of this thread, that TO's injury thing is a distraction.

THank you, Carolina Culpepper, although there's no reason to side with me here. God forbid you don't treat the Eagles like the gods they are around this place, else you will get piled on by every other member of the forum.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:27 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:You know what? I think I noticed a lot of calls going the Cowboys way during their dynasty years. I think that those 3 Superbowls in 4 years should be null and void.

Are you kidding me? Kevin Smith lived by today's "5 yard bump rule" his entire career. If he so much as looked at a wide receiver the wrong way, out came the yellow flag. Why do you think they invented the "hands to the face" penalty on offensive linemen? (Which they don't call on Runyan by the way). It's because Erik Williams was mean and nasty and dominated other people so hard that they had to come up with a penalty to stop him. Why do you think it's illegal for people to remove their helmets while on the field now? Because that was Emmitt's signature celebration when he would score a TD. Offensive pass interference was pretty much an unknown penalty until Michael Irvin started OWNING defensive backs.

Did you even watch any games during that span, I was only like 7 and I saw multiple offenses each and every game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:29 pm

Duh :-/
It's the Super Bowl, and NOTHING is going on football-wise in big D.
However, the Dallas sports media have obviously been bought off, this should be the crowning piece of the vast "pro-Eagles conspiracy". However, we all know the conspiracy won't allow the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. So that just leaves the buying off of the Cowboy media as only the conspiracy's second best effort. The Super Bowl will be the crowning achievement. B-)
No clue yet, eh?
Sad.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:03 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

Did you even watch any games during that span, I was only like 7 and I saw multiple offenses each and every game.

So you could see them back then for Dallas but you can't see them now for Philly?

Sigh...
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:04 pm

I kid, I kid. :-b
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:16 pm

...ahhhh... and, the Hillbilly Heroin kicks in...
Hypocrisy and drug-induced fantasy... it's a great lifestyle. ;-D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting