Numero Uno Mock Draft 1.1 (Updated 2/2) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Numero Uno Mock Draft 1.1 (Updated 2/2)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:05 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Farve is out, and all the defense in the world wouldn't stop their downfall if they didn't have a skilled replacement.

yeah, but I just don't picture GB starting a rookie or backup next year. I think they'd trade for a starter over the offseason, so they wouldn't have to deal with a great offense lead by some rookie or backup. At times it has worked (Big Ben), btu normally it's just a bust. I'd say get a Qb in the offseason, and use your first round draft pick on a defensive player.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:24 pm

I think that Green Bay does need a QB. Next year is Favre's last year i think, and who are they going to start after he is gone? Craig Nall? J.T. O'Sullivan? I doubt it. They need to get a talented quarterback in the draft. I think they should take the risk on Andrew Walter out of Arizona St. He is having surgery, but he is a great player and will have a year to recover with GB. Maybe they could trade up and try and pick Alex Smith? They were really hurt by Matt Leinart staying, because Smith would have been available, most likely, at 24.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Charlie24 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:45 pm

Rolle would be an excellent pick for the cowboys but he'll probably be picked in the top 10
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby CC » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:16 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:I think that Green Bay does need a QB. Next year is Favre's last year i think, and who are they going to start after he is gone? Craig Nall? J.T. O'Sullivan? I doubt it. They need to get a talented quarterback in the draft. I think they should take the risk on Andrew Walter out of Arizona St. He is having surgery, but he is a great player and will have a year to recover with GB. Maybe they could trade up and try and pick Alex Smith? They were really hurt by Matt Leinart staying, because Smith would have been available, most likely, at 24.

Smith was still a top 10 prospect w/ Leinart in the draft. I don't like Walter, he has gone downhill since his sophmore season. I would rather the Packers waited and took a chance on Jason Campbell or (in my dream situation) Adrian McPherson.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:34 pm

Adrian McPherson? There is a situation that is difficult to predict what will happen. Awesome QB, but how long will he last before he is banned from the NFL?

For Walter, his numbers have steadily IMPROVED over his college career. 28 TDs and 15 ints as a soph, 24 and 10 as a junior, and 30 and 9 this past year.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CC » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:40 pm

I'm not talking numbers wise, his draft stock has declined every single year since he was a sophmore. When he was a sophmore he was thought to be a sure-fire top 5 pick when he entered the draft. The two years he spent in college allowed scouts to pick apart the mechanics and throwing motion of his passes. Plus he was pretty bad in games against USC and California this year.

Don't get me wrong, Walter can be a solid QB in the league, but I like the potential of Campbell and McPherson more.

I am as high on McPherson as you could be, I think he will be an absolute stud at the next level.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:34 pm

Well I do agree that McPherson can play, the question is if he can manage to bury the gambling adiction and stay out of trouble. Campbell also could be a solid QB. He was overshadowed by ronnie brown and carnell, but I think has the ability to be a decent starter in the pros.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:21 am

Edit... 2/2

Unlike the last version, where I felt that many players were out of place, I feel this mock better represents what the draft might look like. There are still many updates to come, but I like this mock.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:21 pm

The new draft is a lot better than the old one.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:21 pm

Thanks... I'm still open for suggestions though. I still think Elton Brown and Ronnie Brown are too low, and Campbell is too high. ButI'll work it around in a week or so...or at least after the combine.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk