Poor Peyton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Poor Peyton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poor Peyton

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:40 am

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning wasn't happy the way the New England Patriots ended his season. At Edith's restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the other night, Manning "looked totally dejected and had a puss on his face of 'Don't bother me,' " a spy reports. Peyton drank Coronas and his wife, Ashley, sipped margaritas. "Everyone knew who he was, including the Mexican waitstaff . . . He kept telling the waiters, 'This week I am known as Javier Lopez.' " Manning devoured a platter of shrimp, lobster tail and filet mignon, but "he was avoiding all eye contact with everyone else in the restaurant and stared out into space a lot," said our witness. "At one point, his wife asked him if he was listening to her and when he did not respond, she grabbed his hand and asked him again and he said despondently, 'No, I was thinking about football.' And when it came time to pay the bill, the wife said she would put it on her credit card since it is the same account, and he said, 'Believe me, I know.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:43 am

And....

He's a Manning. Expect drama.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:29 pm

It's all the rage to bash Manning. I would love to have shrimp, lobster, and a filet though. Sounds like a great dinner.

mmmm. Coronas.

And someone needs to tell the wife, 'of course I wasn't listening to you sweetheart'...Haha just kidding.

I think it's good he is frustrated and bitter. It should only drive him to be that much better. Motivation should not be a problem for him next year.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:43 pm

All this tells me is how passionate the man is about the game and how serious he is about dedicating himself to be the best. He had one bad performance all year, and it wasn't even that terrible of one, yet that wasn't good enough for him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Poor Peyton

Postby CC » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:53 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning wasn't happy the way the New England Patriots ended his season. At Edith's restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the other night, Manning "looked totally dejected and had a puss on his face of 'Don't bother me,' " a spy reports. Peyton drank Coronas and his wife, Ashley, sipped margaritas. "Everyone knew who he was, including the Mexican waitstaff . . . He kept telling the waiters, 'This week I am known as Javier Lopez.' " Manning devoured a platter of shrimp, lobster tail and filet mignon, but "he was avoiding all eye contact with everyone else in the restaurant and stared out into space a lot," said our witness. "At one point, his wife asked him if he was listening to her and when he did not respond, she grabbed his hand and asked him again and he said despondently, 'No, I was thinking about football.' And when it came time to pay the bill, the wife said she would put it on her credit card since it is the same account, and he said, 'Believe me, I know.

Thats priceless.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:53 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning wasn't happy the way the New England Patriots ended his season. At Edith's restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the other night, Manning "looked totally dejected and had a puss on his face of 'Don't bother me,' " a spy reports. Peyton drank Coronas and his wife, Ashley, sipped margaritas. "Everyone knew who he was, including the Mexican waitstaff . . . He kept telling the waiters, 'This week I am known as Javier Lopez.' " Manning devoured a platter of shrimp, lobster tail and filet mignon, but "he was avoiding all eye contact with everyone else in the restaurant and stared out into space a lot," said our witness. "At one point, his wife asked him if he was listening to her and when he did not respond, she grabbed his hand and asked him again and he said despondently, 'No, I was thinking about football.' And when it came time to pay the bill, the wife said she would put it on her credit card since it is the same account, and he said, 'Believe me, I know.

Thats priceless.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:20 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

Thats priceless.

i agree. my girlfriend does that to me while im watching football...i say the same thing excpet "no, i was watching football" at first she didnt like it but i think she is used to it now.

yeah peyton has a right to be bummed...i mean this was his best chance so far to make it to the super bowl and they didnt cut it. i think if i were him i would be bummed too...but then i would just go out and blow a ton of money on useless and fun crap and feel better :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:16 pm

Jeebus, give the guy a break, he just lost and now has to face all the scrutiny about how Peyton cant win the big games and what a choker he is. Like the guy or hate the guy he is a fierce competitor. Personally i dont like him or dislike him, its Archie i cant stand, never have and never will. The part about his wife is classic. I know thats what he gets paid for but cut him a little slack. IM so sick of hearing about how Manning cant win and the even more so of Eagles fans complaining about how they could never make it to the super bowl, all i have to say to those people is try being a Lions fan and just dying for the opportunity to make it to the playoffs!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:38 pm

What's pathetic is that anyone would enjoy reading about a perfectly decent person in a state of misery.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:39 pm

He deserves a break but come on. The guy is sitting there in Cabo with a woman, (I'm not sure how hot his wife is but I doubt she's butt ugly) probably even more than 9 Coronas (a joke for anyone who's seen that little nine coronas clip) shrimp, steak, and lobster. I don't see how upset a man could be with all that.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk