Cards change Logo. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cards change Logo.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:35 pm

Aren't the Cardinals getting a new stadium with a dome? If they are, the black uniforms would actually be sensible.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:37 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Aren't the Cardinals getting a new stadium with a dome? If they are, the black uniforms would actually be sensible.

I think it's a retractable roof so they wouldn't be that bad,I guess.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:30 am

Guttpuppy wrote:Just found this,may have been one that was axed judging from the filename.

thats the meanest, most evil looking cardinal ive ever seen :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:14 am

Have they figured out where they're going to build it? My parents live in Arizona and every time I go down there my dad gripes that they can't make up their minds.

As for the logo...ehh. :-?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:18 am

So if they're not changing to the old helmets, then what was the point in even changing the logo? All they did was rotate the old one about 15 degrees. Here's the old logo next to the new one.

Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:22 pm

Free Bagel wrote:So if they're not changing to the old helmets, then what was the point in even changing the logo? All they did was rotate the old one about 15 degrees. Here's the old logo next to the new one.

I see where it looks like they just skewed the pic a little bit down and to the right. They did add a larger stroke to the outside of the cardinal but not much else.

If they wear black and red on their jerseys as the one helmet I saw suggests, they will look like the XFL team that He Hate Me was on. :-b

But, it does look like a very pissy cardinal...one I might not want to mess with on a nature walk! :-o ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:15 pm

Here is the design for the new stadium. Strange design but its kinda cool, seems sort of big for 5,000 fans dont ya think??

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/design.html

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:17 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Here is the design for the new stadium. Strange design but its kinda cool, seems sort of big for 5,000 fans dont ya think??

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/design.html

Looks like a giant tank treadle to me... :-B

The roof is Cowboys Stadium-esque - not too bad. I suppose in the "monsoon" time the retractable roof could be useful. And yes, I agree with the stadium capacity being a little much for that crew of people. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Shaner » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:19 pm

The new logo for the Cards is at least an improvement, even if it's not incredibly different.

And for all those saying that a Bill is a large animal charging at you, that would be a buffalo. Buffalo Bill was some guy from the 1800s who helped out the US army and had his Wild West Show that he took around the country. A logo of Buffalo Bill wouldn't have been very exciting, so they went with the city name instead. I think they should've just saved us all some trouble and called the team the Buffalo Buffaloes instead, but whatever.

Sorry to get off topic, just had to straighten that out.
Shaner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:23 pm

I'm fully aware of the namesake of the team... as I am of all teams, thanks to this awesome website...

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/nicknames.jsp

But the Bills are more commonly thought of as a team of Buffalo, as their logo depicts. Though I suppose if you want to get technical, Buffalo Bill would be intimidating too... that guy was a crazy drunk.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk