NFL Fan Bases. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Fan Bases.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:28 am

Guttpuppy wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Ugh I have so many gripes with that article I don't even know where to start.

I didn't necessarily agree with everything either...I always liked the Zorn to Largent connection.

Cleveland at #6?Many national fans?Sorry,just don't see it.

I particularly enjoyed #'s 15 & 24. ;-D ;-D

hey wait a second now... :-?
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:37 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Ugh I have so many gripes with that article I don't even know where to start.

I didn't necessarily agree with everything either...I always liked the Zorn to Largent connection.

Cleveland at #6?Many national fans?Sorry,just don't see it.

I particularly enjoyed #'s 15 & 24. ;-D ;-D

hey wait a second now... :-?

hey ya! Youre just bitter GP :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: NFL Fan Bases.

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:25 am

Guttpuppy wrote:4. Dallas: In the city itself, these guys and girls are shameless front runners. There were non-sellouts during the Campo and Gailey regimes -- unacceptable, no matter how bad those guys were. But the Cowboy diehards around the country that have loved the team since Staubach and yet NEVER lived there, are smart and up to date on stuff. Even though some will act like rooting for the team since Aikman qualifies as a long time. I hate to admit it, but the Cowboys truly are "America's Team."

Sadly, much of the part about Dallas frontrunners is true to life. But I am a "never lived in Dallas" diehard (though both my parents hail from Dallas... which is of course why I grew up liking them).

I consider having liked the Cowboys for a long time, but I only started liking them since the Aikman era. The reason? I was 2 years old when he was drafted. But I have definitely been there through the good times and the dark ages... and taken my share of crap for it. Had I been alive when Staubach was QB, I would have cheered him on as well... ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:10 am

Heh, it took me like 3 minutes to find the Dolphins. I just kept looking at the bottom and thinking I had missed them down there.

#3 overall? Eh, it's true that Fins fans usually know what's going on as the column said, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that the people that aren't hardcore football fans are fair-weather fans to the extreme. I went down for the fins/browns game this year and the stadium was half empty.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Evolution » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:32 am

I have to agree with my Hawk brothers aww and Nilmerf, this guy sounds like someone on the East Coast somehwere who basically pays attention to 2 or 3 teams. I'm just gonna use the Seahawks as an example, and I think they have a damn loyal following for a team which has not won a playoff matchup in over 20 years, they basically have Oregon, Washington and British Columbia as province/states who follow that team almost exclusively. It just so happens that we arent as outgoing on the West Coast.

Heck, even Arizona fans are not that bad, it's just that I would not want to sit in the scorching heat down there to watch a football game. Worst owner in football? No, that would be Red McCombs.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:46 am

Evolution wrote:. Worst owner in football? No, that would be Red McCombs.

Three words William Clay Ford.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:55 am

Jerry Jones...

I'll repeat that... Jerry Jones...

If anyone else thinks he is not the worst owner in football, you better be thinking of Al Davis. But Jerry is the manifestation of evil, in the form of a giant pile of crap.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:59 am

At least Jones and Davis will crack open thier wallets and get the coaching and players. You can thank Ford for driving Barry Sanders to reitrement. Also Matt Millen, come on. The guy is an absolute joke and until he sells the team, which he never will the Lions will not ever win a superbowl.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:37 am

17. San Francisco: Utterly spoiled by the Greatest Long Term Run any NFL franchise has ever had, and they now have no clue how to act or think. Here's a hint. Just sit there and suffer, like the rest of us usually do.

I'm desensitized to the suckiness of my team due to the fact that I also am a big fan of the Pirates and Penguins... :,-(

I've been suffering for almost 10 years with both of them, so why should my football team be any different? :~(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby guitarhans123 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:01 am

that patriots one hit us right on the money...
yea everyone likes the pats... but were red sox nation. i didnt see any cars being tipped after the pats won the super bowl (and i was disappointed) and during the sox parade many schools got canceled because they knew everyone was going. sorry pats
"Wow, this game really is boring without beer"
- Homer Simpson on Baseball
guitarhans123
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk