NFL Fan Bases. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Fan Bases.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:05 am

the eagles are a little low in my opinion.

Giants ahead of them? No way.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:33 am

Whatever!!!
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:06 pm

anyone interested, here is a very good article on what the eagles mean to philly.

of note, the year after the 3-13 season, season ticket sales INCREASED.

or how when jim mcmahon had a very bad game and was getting booed, oscenities etc, he was walking to the tunnel and gave the fans the finger -- so then everyone started cheering him and yelling "you da man".

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... erly_love/
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:14 pm

guitarhans123 wrote:that patriots one hit us right on the money...
yea everyone likes the pats... but were red sox nation. i didnt see any cars being tipped after the pats won the super bowl (and i was disappointed) and during the sox parade many schools got canceled because they knew everyone was going. sorry pats

I think the first superbowl parade for the Pats summed up that fanbase nicely with the overwhelming chant "Yankees suck!"
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chcbb » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:09 pm

maddog60 wrote:I think the first superbowl parade for the Pats summed up that fanbase nicely with the overwhelming chant "Yankees suck!"

haha i was just thinking of that. any patriots-themed celebration in boston eventually deteriorates into the obligatory "yankees suck!" chant. good times, good times...
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: NFL Fan Bases.

Postby jjdub » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:47 am

Guttpuppy wrote:27. San Diego: I was a East Coast kid at 10 years old who fell in love with the 'Bolts because they were almost always the late game on NBC. And who didn't like watching Air Coryell? Now however, fan base seems to be predominantly So Cal gang banger -- witness the annual knifing in the parking lot after the Raiders come to town.

I know that we have a long way to go as a fan base but I think the fact that the stabbing only occur when the Raiders come to town is pretty telling about who the "gang bangers" root for...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:31 am

The Steve Szaban article is interesting, but when you look at it closely the guy bases a lot of his opinions on fans he's happened to run into, isolated incidents (like the SD stabbing), various stereotypes, etc. Most football fans I run into are pretty reasonable people regardless of who they root for.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Arlo » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:01 pm

chcbb wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I think the first superbowl parade for the Pats summed up that fanbase nicely with the overwhelming chant "Yankees suck!"

haha i was just thinking of that. any patriots-themed celebration in boston eventually deteriorates into the obligatory "yankees suck!" chant. good times, good times...

Although to be fair, you used to get the "Beat L.A." chant at Fenway, too.

Guttpuppy wrote:Cleveland at #6?Many national fans?Sorry,just don't see it.

Slow really gets around. :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:18 pm

Not bad Packers at #2. If I wanted season tickets I could get them for the year 2060. Hopefully, Brett Favre IV would be playing for them.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:53 pm

eh, for every one or two he got wrong, he nailed 5 right on the head. Maybe I'm biased as another East Coaster, but I agreed with most of these...

I was gonna disagree with you Mercer Boy and say, hey the Pirates and Pens were both winning in the early 90's.... then realized that was 10 years. Doh. Suddenly I need a beer.
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk