NFL Fan Bases. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Fan Bases.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ljthockey » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:23 pm

Pshhh were not even in the top 10 and yet Arrowhead is arguablly the toughest stadium to play in for an away team.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:36 pm

Hahahah Steelers at #1? What a joke! Did you see the champ game after halftime? That stadium was a ghost town! There were empty seats everywhere. Great loyal Steeler fans, when everything goes bad they are nowhere to be seen! Only when they had scored a few touchdowns had the seats visible on TV filled in more, and those may have just been people migrating down from the cheap seats. Packers at #2 I'll debate, because they are so flipflop. Every Pack fan I know (and I know plenty) comes in after they lose talking about how much the packers suck and how Brett Favre should retire and how he sucks. And when they win they herald them as "Gods Team." Yeah, ok.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:48 pm

Washington not being in the top 5 is a travesty!

Yeah, Snyder raised all the prices, but we sell out 95,000 seats every week!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:56 pm

I think this article may be ranking the level of the fans. i.e. Cleveland and Oakland may not have as many fans as other teams but the ones they do have are die hard loyal fans. On the other hand, Seattle has a ton of fans but not as many dedicated ones. Just a trend I noticed, it's not necessarily true. But unless you go by attendance and ticket sales this whole article is based on opinion, so you don't need to get yourselves worked up on it.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:58 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Hahahah Steelers at #1? What a joke! Did you see the champ game after halftime? That stadium was a ghost town! There were empty seats everywhere. Great loyal Steeler fans, when everything goes bad they are nowhere to be seen!

I'm glad someone else noticed that. My girlfriend and I were watching the game and she commented that the seats were all yellow. I told her that the fans were probably just wearing a lot of yellow to support the team. It was just then that I noticed the seats were actually all empty! What a crock, everyone ditching their seats when things are getting rough. Horrible, just horrible.

My friend is a season ticket holder for the Oakland Raiders, and he took me along for the last few games of the season since he had extra tickets. During the last game of the season against Tennessee, the weather was hellish. Pouring rain, high winds, just miserable. My friend sat in a rain soaked seat wearing his Raiders jersey, screaming til the bitter end and never budged from his seat until the game ended. That's a real fan.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:44 pm

STFU 34.You could only wish that your team's popularity was spread as far as the Steelers.Now,granted,there were some bandwagoners that may have left early but it has been noted all year that Heinz Field usually seems empty after half because it seems that they are slow coming back from halftime festivities...beer,food,take a leak.I have been there and witnessed it personally so I know what it's like,they even published articles in local papers about it.So if you want to keep downing a team superior to yours,that's fine,but I suggest you know what you're talking about before you do.

Steeler Nation is everywhere,we crush your fanbase like bugs,no contest.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Demented Avenger » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:42 am

I think I have to agree that Steelers fans are the most widespread. They are EVERYWHERE. The Steelers became associated with blue-collar America in the '70s when they were so great, and have stuck ever since. It's like a cult, almost.

I've been to 2 niner-steeler games (in SF), and both times there were about as many Steelers fans as 49er fans. :-t
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:07 am

I guess being a mod means you can skirt the rules eh? Since you feel you can swear at and flame me. I just neatly stated the facts that the stadium was a ghost town after halftime, and I'm sure other people noticed that. WHat does having the most widespread fan base mean? You have the most bandwagon fans? Downing a team superior to mine? Should I remind you what team still has more championships in the history of the NFL? Edit, ooops the Pack still has more.
Last edited by 34=Sweetness on Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: NFL Fan Bases.

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:16 am

NFL fan bases ranked, cheeseheads fill No. 2 spot
By Steve Czaban

1. Pittsburgh: For some reason, I just never seem to meet an obnoxious Steelers fan.

Guttpuppy wrote:STFU 34.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby South Park Cows » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:44 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Should I remind you what team still has more championships in the history of the NFL? In fact, has the most in the history of the NFL?

The Packers. ;-7
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk