Senior Bowl on Saturday at 3 PM on ESPN - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Senior Bowl on Saturday at 3 PM on ESPN

Moderator: Football Moderators

Senior Bowl on Saturday at 3 PM on ESPN

Postby The Lung » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:17 pm

I'll ask the same question I posed about the Hula Bowl: which players should I watch for in the Senior Bowl who might have fantasy relevancy next season?

The obvious ones that stick out are RB Cadillac Williams and WR Mark Clayton; I heard on ESPN Radio today that the latter has had an outstanding week of practice.

Any others? The full Senior Bowl roster is here.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:13 pm

I had this really nice long post about who I wanted to see and why and then it got deleted. :-#

So here are a couple guys off the list:

Jason Campbell
Michael Boley
Charlie Frye
Bryant McFadden
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:42 pm

Yeah there's been so much said about many players such as Clayton having huge weeks of practice. I even found this cool diary entry he wrote this week: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/n ... id=1977378

It's been a pretty good game...second half just started, North is only winning by three.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:27 pm

I like sproles. Glad he scored that long TD run, im probably the only guy who thinks he's a top 5 back in this years class. Maybe it sounds stupid but there the obvious 3, then who.. Morrency? Arrington? Fason? You could make a case for any of those guys, but ill make a case for Sproles.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:48 am

I'd say that in my eyes, Fason and then Morency are firmly entrenched behind the Big 3.

The guys that impressed me were Jason Campbell and Charlie Frye. I already really liked Campbell and despite the fact that it looked like Frye's throws took a minute to get there, he wa very good. Also both Georgia WRs had nice games. I also liked what I saw out of Cedric Houston, but his durability still concerns me.

On defence I thought that Kirk Morrison and Bill Swancutt were both very good. Marcus Spears played a nice game and Ronald Bartell had a nice fumble forced and recovered on Fred Gibson.

Most of all, I was disappointed that Cadillac only played for about 3 plays.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:25 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Most of all, I was disappointed that Cadillac only played for about 3 plays.

Supposedly he suffered a strained muscle in his back.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby CC » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:29 pm

The Lung wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Most of all, I was disappointed that Cadillac only played for about 3 plays.

Supposedly he suffered a strained muscle in his back.

Yea, he said if it was a normal game he would have played.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:40 pm

The guy I want the Packers to get, Charlie Frye was the games MVP with like 138 yards passing and a touchdown. Don't know if it hurts or helps though because that probably just raised his draft stock a little bit. I really like all of these MAC quarterbacks, Pennington, Leftwich and Roethlisberger.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:13 pm

I like Frye, but if the Packers do draft him I hope its with their 1st 2nd round pick and not the 24th pick overall.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:13 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Frye, but if the Packers do draft him I hope its with their 1st 2nd round pick and not the 24th pick overall.

Yes. I couldn't agree more, I think we should take him with the pick we got from New Orleans. Trade = McKenzie for O'Sullivan and Frye. That wouldn't be that bad if you ask me, except we'd have to take 4 quarterbacks if Favre doesn't retire.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting