Everyones takin shots at Fred Ex - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Everyones takin shots at Fred Ex

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:55 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Here's probably the longest post I've made here in my life. . . .

bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:the only problem with the jail thing is that we would run out of jail space for everyone, and very few people would be left in society. Think about it. The people who created South Carolina came from England with prisoners from England, who were moved to SC and became settlers because the jails were too crowded in England for everyone. At this point in our world, we wouldn't be able to relocate prisoners to a half-normal place, and don't think that we'd move them to Canada with the Eskimos. Plus, the courts would be so overflowed that it wouldn't even be funny. And your rule makes people who rear end someone have the same jail time as a drunk driver who ran over a kid. Your plan has NO chance of working.


NO, no, no. I said a drunk driver who kills someone is to be executed. If you get stopped for a DUI but hadn't hit anybody, then you go to jail for a year. If you get in a wreck that's your fault (and consequently injure someone or endanger their lives) then you go to jail for a year.

And i've got my own solution to keep the jails empty. All ers and rapists would be executed, none of this sissy life in prison bull crap. That would free up some jail cells and save some tax payer money at the same time. ;-D


You think it would be possible for our government to execute all the ers and rapists?? I think not. If you've been following the Michael Ross here in Connecticut, you would have picked up that there are so many people against the penalty that it's hard enough to execute just one person, rather tens of thousands of crime offenders. If our goverment were to execute all those people, we would have such a low reputation it wouldn't even be funny.

Actually if America would just adopt Singapore's justice system, everything would be fine. Notice how Singapore has a zero percent crime rate? Clearly whatever method they're using (caning) is working. SO why not bring that here?


I guess you haven't noticed that SIngapore has a total different ure, and different customs than we do. The US would never dare use corporal punishment (as in caning). yes, the penalty is a form of corporal punishment, and I understand that, so don't bash me here. We can't go around just caning people for littering and minor things like that. Our country isn't in the 1800's anymore, which is when they did stuff like that. Our country is unique because we have so much freedom, that using a system like that in Singapore would ruin our personal and civil rights and liberties.

And if Singapore really has a 0% crime rate, why woudl they even have to worry about law enforcement and caning?? If they actually punish people, there has got to be some people who commit crimes in Singapore.


Because crimes happen so few and far between in Singapore that they rarely have to administer punishment. Yes, the US has a completely different system than Singapore. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. We are way too lax here. The CD player got stolen out of my car last week. Would the thief who did it still have done it if he knew that he'd be caned for it? Probably not, and I'd still have my CD player. Crime prevented.

And you don't ask society politely with sugar on top if you can execute a murderer. You just execute him. If someone doesn't like it, they can feel free to find a country that's better suited for them, but if they choose to stay in America they probably aren't going to have to worry about their 19 year old daughter getting abducted from Wal-Mart's parking lot and finding her body in a ditch some 300 miles away, because the crime rate would be virtually nil.

Most people would consider caning too severe, heck most people already consider the death penalty too severe, and yes it is a harsh punishment, but it would literally obliterate 99% of crimes committed, so it's not like you would have tons and tons of people just getting caned all the time. You'd have one or two every now and then and they would DESERVE it.

Just like with my traffic suggestions. A year in jail and 5 years with no license is a harsh penalty for getting into a wreck that's your fault. But it's not like the jails would be filled up with these people, because people would actually start paying attention to what they're doing, and there would be a heck of alot less wrecks, and a heck of alot more innocent lives saved. And why? Because people don't want to go to jail, therefore they pay attention to what they're doing behind the wheel of a 3,000 pound piece of metal.

Look, if you don't want to be caned or if you don't want to go to jail, then DON'T COMMITT A FREAKING CRIME. It's that easy.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 pm

Because crimes happen so few and far between in Singapore that they rarely have to administer punishment. Yes, the US has a completely different system than Singapore. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. We are way too lax here. The CD player got stolen out of my car last week. Would the thief who did it still have done it if he knew that he'd be caned for it? Probably not, and I'd still have my CD player. Crime prevented.



Teh only problem with this is that the thief knows that he'll be caught at some point. Theer is just the same chance that he will be caned as he will be caught because if he's caught, he'll defienely be caned. And if he's caned, they'll just let him free again, as if it were a very brief jail sentence. He would probably rather be caned and then set free than be in jail for 6 months, unless he's a wussy, and most people who have the determination to steal stuff aren't.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:16 pm

Now if Freddie Mitchell came into the forum and saw that you guys have hijacked his thread, he would be very upset you are stealing his limelight. Meanwhile it has been 2 days since Freddie has said something interesting!!! Come on "peoples champ" lets hear whats going on inside that frohawk!!
Image

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11757
Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Motor City

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:23 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Now if Freddie Mitchell came into the forum and saw that you guys have hijacked his thread, he would be very upset you are stealing his limelight. Meanwhile it has been 2 days since Freddie has said something interesting!!! Come on "peoples champ" lets hear whats going on inside that frohawk!!


i wouldnt be surprised if andy reid didnt tell him to shut up...and if he didnt he should. no need to fire up thats pat's D any more. just ask vanderjagt 8-o...and in response to an earlier post...owens mocked my team and i dont have anything against him.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:31 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Now if Freddie Mitchell came into the forum and saw that you guys have hijacked his thread, he would be very upset you are stealing his limelight. Meanwhile it has been 2 days since Freddie has said something interesting!!! Come on "peoples champ" lets hear whats going on inside that frohawk!!

*applause* :-)

Maybe we can steer this thing in the right direction...

His hair is absolutely appalling, but it's very funny! :-b With hair like that, I think he deserves any pot shots that he gets. Still, the media lives for guys like this. You know they're going to make a big deal out of a egomanic player that doesn't mind running his mouth.

The guy has a 20 yards per game career average. He has done just about nothing to warrant any crazy accolades. Stealing The Rock's tag line is a very, very dumb thing to do. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:21 pm

I dont know how long that his site has been around but take a look at it....seems relatively new.

http://freddiemitchell.com/index.asp?
Image

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11757
Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Motor City

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:52 pm

mutantseabass wrote:I dont know how long that his site has been around but take a look at it....seems relatively new.

http://freddiemitchell.com/index.asp?


yeah i heard him plugging it on his interviews. maybe ill sport one of these:
Image

ok....maybe not 8-o
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:07 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
Because crimes happen so few and far between in Singapore that they rarely have to administer punishment. Yes, the US has a completely different system than Singapore. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. We are way too lax here. The CD player got stolen out of my car last week. Would the thief who did it still have done it if he knew that he'd be caned for it? Probably not, and I'd still have my CD player. Crime prevented.



Teh only problem with this is that the thief knows that he'll be caught at some point. Theer is just the same chance that he will be caned as he will be caught because if he's caught, he'll defienely be caned. And if he's caned, they'll just let him free again, as if it were a very brief jail sentence. He would probably rather be caned and then set free than be in jail for 6 months, unless he's a wussy, and most people who have the determination to steal stuff aren't.


No he doesn't. He doesn't think he'll ever get caught or he wouldn't do it. I don't want to reveal too much about myself over the internet, but my occupation deals with thieves, and every time they get arrested they say "man, it wasn't worth it, what was i thinking?"

Now as far as caning goes, they say grown men weep when this is done to them, that or they pass out from the pain and have to have a doctor revive them so that they'll be awake for the next lick. And if it was such an easy punishment, how come no one's committing crimes in Singapore? On the other hand, today's prisons aren't nearly what they used to be. TV, movies, card games, basketball, etc. I'm not saying prison is a picnic, but it could be alot worse.
Last edited by bagobonez on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:14 pm

This website is laughable. Here's a paragraph from it.

A tough, clutch receiver, Freddie Mitchell stepped up his role in 2003 as the Eagles slot receiver and delivered career highs in receptions (35), yards (498), and touchdowns (2). The club's first round draft choice in 2001, Mitchell has made the most of his opportunities throughout his career, converting 69.1% of his regular season catches into first downs


Career highs are 35 receptions, 498 yards and 2 TD's? Not much of a career year there, FredEx.

The club's first round draft choice in 2001, Mitchell has made the most of his opportunities throughout his career? If he had made the most of your opportunities, the Eagles would have never had to sign Terrell Owens because he would have been a good enough WR that they didn't have to.

This guy is nuts! I've never seen narcissim like this in all of my life! Hell even Terrell Owens isn't this bad! And the only reason he has converted 69% of his receptions into first downs is because he only comes off the bench on 3rd downs, so if he makes a catch, it almost has to be a 1st down. Sigh....
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:18 pm

bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
Because crimes happen so few and far between in Singapore that they rarely have to administer punishment. Yes, the US has a completely different system than Singapore. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. We are way too lax here. The CD player got stolen out of my car last week. Would the thief who did it still have done it if he knew that he'd be caned for it? Probably not, and I'd still have my CD player. Crime prevented.



Teh only problem with this is that the thief knows that he'll be caught at some point. Theer is just the same chance that he will be caned as he will be caught because if he's caught, he'll defienely be caned. And if he's caned, they'll just let him free again, as if it were a very brief jail sentence. He would probably rather be caned and then set free than be in jail for 6 months, unless he's a wussy, and most people who have the determination to steal stuff aren't.


No he doesn't. He doesn't think he'll ever get caught or he wouldn't do it. I don't want to reveal too much about myself over the internet, but my occupation deals with thieves, and every time they get arrested they say "man, it wasn't worth it, what was i thinking?"

Now as far as caning goes, they say grown men weep when this is done to them. And if it was such an easy punishment, how come no one's committing crimes in Singapore? On the other hand, today's prisons aren't nearly what they used to be. TV, movies, card games, basketball, etc. I'm not saying prison is a picnic, but it could be alot worse.


what about the breed of people who are so dumb they don't know or care that they'll be caught. Or if they commit the crime because it is required for their religion or something aling those lines??

When you say your occupation deals with theives, does that mean that you're a theif, or you're a hit man or something, or do you work law enforcement??
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:31 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact