Everyones takin shots at Fred Ex - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Everyones takin shots at Fred Ex

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:22 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
Because crimes happen so few and far between in Singapore that they rarely have to administer punishment. Yes, the US has a completely different system than Singapore. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. We are way too lax here. The CD player got stolen out of my car last week. Would the thief who did it still have done it if he knew that he'd be caned for it? Probably not, and I'd still have my CD player. Crime prevented.



Teh only problem with this is that the thief knows that he'll be caught at some point. Theer is just the same chance that he will be caned as he will be caught because if he's caught, he'll defienely be caned. And if he's caned, they'll just let him free again, as if it were a very brief jail sentence. He would probably rather be caned and then set free than be in jail for 6 months, unless he's a wussy, and most people who have the determination to steal stuff aren't.


No he doesn't. He doesn't think he'll ever get caught or he wouldn't do it. I don't want to reveal too much about myself over the internet, but my occupation deals with thieves, and every time they get arrested they say "man, it wasn't worth it, what was i thinking?"

Now as far as caning goes, they say grown men weep when this is done to them. And if it was such an easy punishment, how come no one's committing crimes in Singapore? On the other hand, today's prisons aren't nearly what they used to be. TV, movies, card games, basketball, etc. I'm not saying prison is a picnic, but it could be alot worse.


what about the breed of people who are so dumb they don't know or care that they'll be caught. Or if they commit the crime because it is required for their religion or something aling those lines??

When you say your occupation deals with theives, does that mean that you're a theif, or you're a hit man or something, or do you work law enforcement??


The only reason someone would be so dumb to not care whether they get caught or not is because the penalty isn't severe enough. They know they're going to get probation, a small fine and maybe some community service, and then it will be water under the bridge. The reward outweighs the risk for them. If they can get ahold of someone's credit card and charge $5,000 worth of merchandise on it, then that's worth it to them even if they get caught (especially if it's a first time offender) because what will the penalty be? One night in jail, probation, a little bit of community service, maybe a small fine? Big deal. THat's a walk in the park for some of these hardened criminals.

No, I am not a thief or a hit-man, lol. My job deals with law enforcement although I am not a police man. And no, I'm not a rent-a-cop or a security guard at the mall or something silly like that either.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:29 pm

bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
Because crimes happen so few and far between in Singapore that they rarely have to administer punishment. Yes, the US has a completely different system than Singapore. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. We are way too lax here. The CD player got stolen out of my car last week. Would the thief who did it still have done it if he knew that he'd be caned for it? Probably not, and I'd still have my CD player. Crime prevented.



Teh only problem with this is that the thief knows that he'll be caught at some point. Theer is just the same chance that he will be caned as he will be caught because if he's caught, he'll defienely be caned. And if he's caned, they'll just let him free again, as if it were a very brief jail sentence. He would probably rather be caned and then set free than be in jail for 6 months, unless he's a wussy, and most people who have the determination to steal stuff aren't.


No he doesn't. He doesn't think he'll ever get caught or he wouldn't do it. I don't want to reveal too much about myself over the internet, but my occupation deals with thieves, and every time they get arrested they say "man, it wasn't worth it, what was i thinking?"

Now as far as caning goes, they say grown men weep when this is done to them. And if it was such an easy punishment, how come no one's committing crimes in Singapore? On the other hand, today's prisons aren't nearly what they used to be. TV, movies, card games, basketball, etc. I'm not saying prison is a picnic, but it could be alot worse.


what about the breed of people who are so dumb they don't know or care that they'll be caught. Or if they commit the crime because it is required for their religion or something aling those lines??

When you say your occupation deals with theives, does that mean that you're a theif, or you're a hit man or something, or do you work law enforcement??


The only reason someone would be so dumb to not care whether they get caught or not is because the penalty isn't severe enough. They know they're going to get probation, a small fine and maybe some community service, and then it will be water under the bridge. The reward outweighs the risk for them. If they can get ahold of someone's credit card and charge $5,000 worth of merchandise on it, then that's worth it to them even if they get caught (especially if it's a first time offender) because what will the penalty be? One night in jail, probation, a little bit of community service, maybe a small fine? Big deal. THat's a walk in the park for some of these hardened criminals.

No, I am not a thief or a hit-man, lol. My job deals with law enforcement although I am not a police man. And no, I'm not a rent-a-cop or a security guard at the mall or something silly like that either.


what if they're suicidal, and they're dumb enough that they want to kill people before they die, so they kill 8 s liek Michael Ross, and then get the penalty and die through an injection rather than commiting ?? You have to examine all possibilities.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:31 pm

Image
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:32 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
Because crimes happen so few and far between in Singapore that they rarely have to administer punishment. Yes, the US has a completely different system than Singapore. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. We are way too lax here. The CD player got stolen out of my car last week. Would the thief who did it still have done it if he knew that he'd be caned for it? Probably not, and I'd still have my CD player. Crime prevented.



Teh only problem with this is that the thief knows that he'll be caught at some point. Theer is just the same chance that he will be caned as he will be caught because if he's caught, he'll defienely be caned. And if he's caned, they'll just let him free again, as if it were a very brief jail sentence. He would probably rather be caned and then set free than be in jail for 6 months, unless he's a wussy, and most people who have the determination to steal stuff aren't.


No he doesn't. He doesn't think he'll ever get caught or he wouldn't do it. I don't want to reveal too much about myself over the internet, but my occupation deals with thieves, and every time they get arrested they say "man, it wasn't worth it, what was i thinking?"

Now as far as caning goes, they say grown men weep when this is done to them. And if it was such an easy punishment, how come no one's committing crimes in Singapore? On the other hand, today's prisons aren't nearly what they used to be. TV, movies, card games, basketball, etc. I'm not saying prison is a picnic, but it could be alot worse.


what about the breed of people who are so dumb they don't know or care that they'll be caught. Or if they commit the crime because it is required for their religion or something aling those lines??

When you say your occupation deals with theives, does that mean that you're a theif, or you're a hit man or something, or do you work law enforcement??


The only reason someone would be so dumb to not care whether they get caught or not is because the penalty isn't severe enough. They know they're going to get probation, a small fine and maybe some community service, and then it will be water under the bridge. The reward outweighs the risk for them. If they can get ahold of someone's credit card and charge $5,000 worth of merchandise on it, then that's worth it to them even if they get caught (especially if it's a first time offender) because what will the penalty be? One night in jail, probation, a little bit of community service, maybe a small fine? Big deal. THat's a walk in the park for some of these hardened criminals.

No, I am not a thief or a hit-man, lol. My job deals with law enforcement although I am not a police man. And no, I'm not a rent-a-cop or a security guard at the mall or something silly like that either.


what if they're suicidal, and they're dumb enough that they want to kill people before they die, so they kill 8 s liek Michael Ross, and then get the penalty and die through an injection rather than commiting ?? You have to examine all possibilities.


Well I don't see any way you could really stop someone from going berserk in a grocery store or something if that's what they want to do. Unless you take away everyone's guns, which I am totally against. That's part of being free, is you have freedom. Of course, if someone was suicidal and decided to just go kill a bunch of random people for the heck of it, I wouldn't be against torturing that person.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:36 pm

bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
Because crimes happen so few and far between in Singapore that they rarely have to administer punishment. Yes, the US has a completely different system than Singapore. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. We are way too lax here. The CD player got stolen out of my car last week. Would the thief who did it still have done it if he knew that he'd be caned for it? Probably not, and I'd still have my CD player. Crime prevented.



Teh only problem with this is that the thief knows that he'll be caught at some point. Theer is just the same chance that he will be caned as he will be caught because if he's caught, he'll defienely be caned. And if he's caned, they'll just let him free again, as if it were a very brief jail sentence. He would probably rather be caned and then set free than be in jail for 6 months, unless he's a wussy, and most people who have the determination to steal stuff aren't.


No he doesn't. He doesn't think he'll ever get caught or he wouldn't do it. I don't want to reveal too much about myself over the internet, but my occupation deals with thieves, and every time they get arrested they say "man, it wasn't worth it, what was i thinking?"

Now as far as caning goes, they say grown men weep when this is done to them. And if it was such an easy punishment, how come no one's committing crimes in Singapore? On the other hand, today's prisons aren't nearly what they used to be. TV, movies, card games, basketball, etc. I'm not saying prison is a picnic, but it could be alot worse.


what about the breed of people who are so dumb they don't know or care that they'll be caught. Or if they commit the crime because it is required for their religion or something aling those lines??

When you say your occupation deals with theives, does that mean that you're a theif, or you're a hit man or something, or do you work law enforcement??


The only reason someone would be so dumb to not care whether they get caught or not is because the penalty isn't severe enough. They know they're going to get probation, a small fine and maybe some community service, and then it will be water under the bridge. The reward outweighs the risk for them. If they can get ahold of someone's credit card and charge $5,000 worth of merchandise on it, then that's worth it to them even if they get caught (especially if it's a first time offender) because what will the penalty be? One night in jail, probation, a little bit of community service, maybe a small fine? Big deal. THat's a walk in the park for some of these hardened criminals.

No, I am not a thief or a hit-man, lol. My job deals with law enforcement although I am not a police man. And no, I'm not a rent-a-cop or a security guard at the mall or something silly like that either.


what if they're suicidal, and they're dumb enough that they want to kill people before they die, so they kill 8 s liek Michael Ross, and then get the penalty and die through an injection rather than commiting ?? You have to examine all possibilities.


Well I don't see any way you could really stop someone from going berserk in a grocery store or something if that's what they want to do. Unless you take away everyone's s, which I am totally against. That's part of being free, is you have freedom. Of course, if someone was suicidal and decided to just go kill a bunch of random people for the heck of it, I wouldn't be against torturing that person.


That's what I've been trying to say this whole time. Finally, were starting to get on the same page!!
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:37 pm

Alright, I guess we should stop hijacking this thread. Once I get on my soap box it's hard for me to get off. ;-D
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:38 pm

okay then ;-)
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:40 pm

good, then the political debate is over..now back to fred...

i thought about it and Fred is on to something with naming himself "Fred ex"...

neither Fred ex or Fed ex delivers on sundays :-)

so i guess the name fits him ;-D
Last edited by deluxe_247 on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:41 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:good, then the political debate is over..now back to fred...

i thought about it and Fred is on to something with naming himself "Fred ex"...

neither Fred ex or Fed ex deliver on sundays :-)


LOL!! Fed Ex has delivered to my house on sundays though, so was that just a joke??
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:44 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:good, then the political debate is over..now back to fred...

i thought about it and Fred is on to something with naming himself "Fred ex"...

neither Fred ex or Fed ex deliver on sundays :-)


LOL!! Fed Ex has delivered to my house on sundays though, so was that just a joke??


im pretty sure fed ex didnt deliver anything on sunday to your house.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:01 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact