Battle of the Fruits Round 1: Strawberries over Kumquats - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Battle of the Fruits Round 1: Strawberries over Kumquats

Moderator: Football Moderators

Strawberries or Kumquats?

Strawberries
88%
Kumquats
12%

Total votes : 34

Battle of the Fruits Round 1: Strawberries over Kumquats

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:42 pm

I did this awhile ago at the baseball cafe, and I felt like doing it here for the hell of it. I'm holding a Battle of the Fruits, in which 32 fruits fight it out in a tournament to decide the mightiest of the fruits.

I created a bracket here...http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?edit=1&tid=92219&tclass=Battle%20of%20the%20Fruits
...not too much thought put into it, I just set it up with a few interesting matchups. Since the Strawberries defeated the Grapes on the baseball side, they are situated on opposite ends of the bracket. The fruits have all been verified for their eligibilty, and look forward to a interesting contest, let the battle begin...

Strawberries

VS

Kumquats
Image[/url]
Last edited by IRON CHEF on Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:49 pm

Strawberries to the Final Four!

...and it's not letting me access the bracket - don't know about anyone else... they're trying to make The 'Cuna register!
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:53 pm

I registered and it still won't let me access the bracket.

Strawberries all the way dawg. :-B
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:55 pm

Yea, I thought that there may be trouble seeing the bracket. If anyone has any experience with that site, please help me make it viewable.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:55 pm

By the way, what does a kumquat taste like? :-?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby South Park Cows » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:03 pm

Never tried a kumquat before so I'm going to have to go with an ol' favorite, strawberries.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:15 pm

i am a produce manager, so i can answer that... a kumquat tastes really similiar to an orange peel. most people eat the rhind and all. they are pretty sour also.

strawberries all the way ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:18 pm

by the way...i just noticed your pic of kumquats and those arent what they look like. kumquats are really small...about the size of a grape and oval in shape :-) those look like fairchild tangerines

kumquats:
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:32 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:by the way...i just noticed your pic of kumquats and those arent what they look like. kumquats are really small...about the size of a grape and oval in shape :-) those look like fairchild tangerines

kumquats:

I think there are actual multiple varieties of them. I searched on the Internet and found pictures of both, one picture of the yellow kind on this one fruit website. But then I found this other fancy website that called them bite size fruits. So maybe there are two different kinds of kumquats. Who knows, all I know is that they aren't better than strawberries.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:42 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:by the way...i just noticed your pic of kumquats and those arent what they look like. kumquats are really small...about the size of a grape and oval in shape :-) those look like fairchild tangerines

kumquats:

I think there are actual multiple varieties of them. I searched on the Internet and found pictures of both, one picture of the yellow kind on this one fruit website. But then I found this other fancy website that called them bite size fruits. So maybe there are two different kinds of kumquats. Who knows, all I know is that they aren't better than strawberries.

the oval kind i pictured are the most common...their techical name is" Nagami"... there is one other less common variety called "meiwa" which are a little more round...but im pretty sure those are tangerines.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk