McCarthy goes from Saints to 49ers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McCarthy goes from Saints to 49ers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Demented Avenger » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:16 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:Well, I think this should be a nice improvment for SF. The Saints offense, while a little inconsistant, was always very exciting to play, and deceivingly powerful offense. So even if SF's offense isn't necessarily better, Niner fans should still be content that their games willbe more exciting to watch.

And enjoying watching the games is almost as much fun as winning them. Watching your team win isn't that great if you just run between the tackles and throw outs to your tight end all game.

The 49er offense was actually pretty decent the first half of the year. I expect McCarthy will put us in the top half of the league yardage-wise.

Thanks for the input everyone, I've been hearing nothing but roses here and wanted some other views. ;-D
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:33 pm

Apparently he's a disciple of the Walsh school of West coast offense and promises to get the 49ers back to that style v. the "down the field" stuff that they attempted last year. I'm not sure whether or not their personnel will be better or worse for this system.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:40 pm

he can't be any worse than who they had
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk