Henry may be on the move - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry may be on the move

Moderator: Football Moderators

Henry may be on the move

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:22 pm

This sort of suprises me. What do you all think Henry as a Phin???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=r ... &type=lgns

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Henry may be on the move

Postby Flockers » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:28 pm

mutantseabass wrote:This sort of suprises me. What do you all think Henry as a Phin???

Does this certify McGahee as a top 5 pick?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:30 pm

i would be relieved as a shaun alexander owner in a keeper league if henry went to miami, one less crummy team for him to land on.... it cant get too much worse than that for a rb in free agency this year. 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:34 pm

Flockers wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:This sort of suprises me. What do you all think Henry as a Phin???

I would definitely think so. I have McGahee in one keeper league and McGahee and Henry in another so this is great news for me. If Miami's offensive line improves a bit and Henry truly does end up there (nothing is definite yet) he could return to top 15 form. Somewhere around 1,200 yards and 10 or 11 touchdowns would be sweet.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:39 pm

Willis could definately be a top 5 pick next year, depending on where god tells alexander to go. Henry to me is a good fit for Miami, Saban is a great coach(as much as i hate to say that being a wolverine fan) and I wouldnt be suprised to see the phins in the playoffs next year.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:43 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:
Flockers wrote:

I would definitely think so. I have McGahee in one keeper league and McGahee and Henry in another so this is great news for me. If Miami's offensive line improves a bit and Henry truly does end up there (nothing is definite yet) he could return to top 15 form. Somewhere around 1,200 yards and 10 or 11 touchdowns would be sweet.

henry is a stud, dont get me wrong...but why would you want him to go there? i think he would be much better off going to oakland...or even arizona. its going to take more than offensive line improvement...they have some serious issues with their passing game...nobody respects it. those numbers you threw out are definately doable...but i think he is capable of more on another team.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:50 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:henry is a stud, dont get me wrong...but why would you want him to go there? i think he would be much better off going to oakland...or even arizona. its going to take more than offensive line improvement...they have some serious issues with their passing game...nobody respects it. those numbers you threw out are definately doable...but i think he is capable of more on another team.

You bring up a good point, one which I can't truly argue against. But no I mean Saban really likes Henry and I think he'll fit well in that offense. And truly, I was praying Henry would actually go somewhere...I was hoping Buffalo wouldn't back out late and decide not to trade him. That would put the status of both McGahee and Henry in question. But just to see a tangeable source that says the deal is almost through just lets me breathe a big sigh of relief. But if you're talking about issues with the passing game, well it ain't much better in Arizona. ;-) I'd be equally happy wherever he went out of Arizona, Miami, or Oakland; he'll be the starter wherever he goes.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:16 pm

Old news, really. This has been under speculation for a while now...

I thought it was on here already or I would have posted it.

But yeah, if Miami fixes their line, Henry could do well there. The REAL question is, if Henry goes to Miami, who does Miami draft? Still Cedric, or maybe Alex Smith?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:23 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Old news, really. This has been under speculation for a while now...

I thought it was on here already or I would have posted it.

But yeah, if Miami fixes their line, Henry could do well there. The REAL question is, if Henry goes to Miami, who does Miami draft? Still Cedric, or maybe Alex Smith?

Donahue publicly stated this yesterday, speculation among the media and fans is one thing i just thought its nice to see Donahue come out and say it publicly.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Azrael » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:57 am

Wow, I would actually like to see Henry go to AZ. That would be a huge boost to the offense.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk