Rod Gardner. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rod Gardner.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rod Gardner.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:10 am

Redskins: Gardner permitted to seek trade

Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Redskins have granted wide receiver Rod Gardner permission to seek a trade. Gardner's agent Joel Segal confirmed the story for the ESPN website on Saturday. Gardner finished last season with 51 receptions for 650 yards and five touchdowns. He will be a free agent following the 2005 season. Views
The Skins are seeking a second-round pick in exchange for Gardner, who was a first-round pick in 2001. The leading candidate to make such an offer is said to be the Buccaneers, who are looking for a receiver to compliment Michael Clayton.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:03 am

I'd like to see him go somewhere esle. He definitely has the talent to be a Pro Bowl wideout.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:15 am

I don't know anything about trading in the NFL, but a second rounder seems a little high for Gardner at this point. In his first year, he did have a 1K yard season with 8 TD's. That's pretty good, but in his other 2 years he's had 600 yard, 5 TD campaigns. Almost any receiver playing every week can reach those yardage totals - that's only 40 yards a game.

At the same time, the offense there hasn't been great, and he has had a few big games in his career. This coupled with his "first rounder" ability could drive the price up. I doubt he's much better than a #2 WR on any team though. Maybe a third rounder would be a fairer price for a WR with those numbers for the last two years.

Apparently TB's 6 WR's aren't good enough? Clayton, Galloway, Joey J., and Charles Lee are all good/okay options... 8-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:31 am

Flockers wrote:I'd like to see him go somewhere esle. He definitely has the talent to be a Pro Bowl wideout.

Agreed. He's so hit-or-miss when he plays, it's a bit frustrating. But, if you look at the quarterbacks who have thrown him the ball lately, it's easy to see why his talent hasn't come to fruitition.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:39 am

I'd take him ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:46 am

Gardner's experience this season all had to do with which QB was at the helm. Gardner got to his season totals in around week 7, and did nearly nothing after that. If he is consistently targeted as a receiver on another team, he could have the potential to be a pro bowl wideout.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:56 am

He's not worth the 2nd round pick. Then again maybe they'll get a team desperate for the guy, but anyone trading a 2nd rounder for Gardner is mismanaging their draft picks.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:27 pm

Ya I wouldnt give up a second round pick for him. Isnt that what the Bills are asking for Henry? hmm who would you rather have?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:19 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:In his first year, he did have a 1K yard season with 8 TD's.

That was his second season.

Mercer Boy wrote:That's pretty good, but in his other 2 years he's had 600 yard, 5 TD campaigns.

That's because their offensive lines blows and they had Lavernues Coles as their main guy and that's who Ramsey always looked for. Kind of like the Randy Ratio.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:32 pm

Forgive me...but does this mean he's worth a second rounder, or was it just to point out that I actually am capable of screwing up stats? ;-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk