Sign in here - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to NFL's Finest

Sign in here

Moderators: thriftyrocker, Football Moderators

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:39 pm

I was going to wait until I heard a reply from MeShawn, but after browsing this forum I'm pretty sure I'll be in. I am signing in so I don't lose my spot. If Meshawn decides from my PM that I'm out, that'll be fine. I will wait to vote on anything until I am officially in!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:29 pm

Ok, so Portisfan and kevinoc are undecided, so that means that Iron Chef is the only person who still has to check in. After we settle the 12 members, then we'll decide when the draft will be and go from there.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:57 pm

I know I signed in, but I'll do it here anyways. Some of my favorite posters are in this league, so it should be awesome. Glad to be here.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:29 am

ah fine Ill play. I am a slave to fantasy football. Dont worry about inactivity or anything though, once I commit I go 100 percent. SHould Iron Chef join, I will be in 3 leagues with him O:-)

I own Iron Chef :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:51 am

Well, I voted in the June/July region. Anything other than that is sheer craziness...

1) Its after the draft. AKA, we can draft rookies in the three rounds immediately after we draft our regulars.

2) Its after initial FA and June 1st cuts. Therefore, question marks are minimal.

That's all the reasons I have, but they are 2 damn good reasons. I seriously hope you mods decide this as your draft date, and not ASAP (as it looks to be right now). PLEASE, have the draft after the first week of June. If people drop out due to lack of interest, then how do you know they were going to committ through the season anyways? Or into later seasons?

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:35 am

I'm in!

My whole thing was that I didn't want this league to be so complicated with auction, salary cap, drafting college players before they are drafted (Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, etc.) that it took too much time away from my money leagues. I have heard from MeShawn and he explained that it is a pretty straight forward dynasty league so my concerns are gone.

Hopefully I can win this bi-otch and talk smack to you guys all next season.

Oh yeah, I will go vote on the draft now also.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:41 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:Well, I voted in the June/July region. Anything other than that is sheer craziness...

1) Its after the draft. AKA, we can draft rookies in the three rounds immediately after we draft our regulars.

2) Its after initial FA and June 1st cuts. Therefore, question marks are minimal.

That's all the reasons I have, but they are 2 damn good reasons. I seriously hope you mods decide this as your draft date, and not ASAP (as it looks to be right now). PLEASE, have the draft after the first week of June. If people drop out due to lack of interest, then how do you know they were going to committ through the season anyways? Or into later seasons?

im the other guy who voted fir that time with you....for the same reasons. looks like we arent going to win though 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:10 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Well, I voted in the June/July region. Anything other than that is sheer craziness...

im the other guy who voted fir that time with you....for the same reasons. looks like we arent going to win though 8-o

I agree with you two. The extremely early league is fun and all, but for a dynasty I'd rather not have to just guess where a guy will be. There are just a ton of guys with question marks around them so a cheat sheet today could look drastically different from a cheat sheet in June/July. As I said, you should really want to know everything about a player for a dynasty draft.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Postby South Park Cows » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:21 am

Tell you what, I take back my vote from ASAP and change it to June/July because your "damn good" reasons have convinced me. This means that June/July is now winning with 4 votes compared to ASAP's 3. ;-)
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:23 pm

Huzzah! Leave it to a fellow Cowboys fan to pull it and win in the tail end... :-b

Well, there are still more voters (i think?). Hopefully, our "damn good" reasons will sway the rest. :-D

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to NFL's Finest