Battle of the Fruits Round 1: Mangos over Lemons - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Battle of the Fruits Round 1: Mangos over Lemons

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lemons or Mangos?

Lemons
14
41%
Mangos
20
59%
 
Total votes : 34

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:25 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Chutney??? :-o What exactly is that anyway? :-?

I have never had a mango fruit...although I have eaten it. That was my dessert last time I went to Morimoto (the Iron Chef Japanese's joint in Philadelphia). It was this three-layered stringy cake thing with cream and mangos on it. It was pretty good of course! ;-D

[img]http://img48. . /img48/2873/mangosishosmall.jpg[/img]

George Costanza would probably vote for mangos...:-b

Lemons are sour, but I like Lemonheads a lot...tough decision!


Chutney is "A spicy condiment containing fruit, vinegar, sugar, and spices. Chutney can range from mild to hot and is often used as an accompaniment to curried dishes." A lot of people make their own chutney and put it on meats and fish. Example: Swordfish with Mango Chutney is great.

Image

this is chutney
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:47 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Image

this is chutney


And this is Mercer Boy looking at chutney:

%-6 :-{ :-P

Sorry to you chutney fans, but it looks like a cup of barf.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:50 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Sorry to you chutney fans, but it looks like a cup of barf.


accuarate description MB %-6
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:00 pm

it all looks crappy, but it smells real good and tastes good. It's sorta like a Trifle. It looks real messed up, but it tastes good.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:20 pm

I voted for mangos. Unless you are talking about juice. Then Lemonade it is. :-)
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:29 pm

I've got to say lemons.

Even though I prefer the taste of mangoes, I can't eat them.

It's the strangest thing but over the past few years I have developed an allergy to fruits with pits :-/ . Any fresh fruit with a pit (peaches, mangoes, cherries, leechie fruit etc) make the inside of my mouth all itchy and close up my throat. Very disconcerting :-o

Lemons.
Image

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3067
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Livin in a powderkeg and givin off sparks

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I've got to say lemons.

Even though I prefer the taste of mangoes, I can't eat them.

It's the strangest thing but over the past few years I have developed an allergy to fruits with pits :-/ . Any fresh fruit with a pit (peaches, mangoes, cherries, leechie fruit etc) make the inside of my mouth all itchy and close up my throat. Very disconcerting :-o

Lemons.


wow..you might be one of the only people ive ever "met" that knew what a lychee fruit is :-) those things are good ;-D
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:09 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I've got to say lemons.

Even though I prefer the taste of mangoes, I can't eat them.

It's the strangest thing but over the past few years I have developed an allergy to fruits with pits :-/ . Any fresh fruit with a pit (peaches, mangoes, cherries, leechie fruit etc) make the inside of my mouth all itchy and close up my throat. Very disconcerting :-o

Lemons.


wow..you might be one of the only people ive ever "met" that knew what a lychee fruit is :-) those things are good ;-D


Even when they weren't chocking off my supply of oxygen I was none too fond of them.

Not crazy about longans or rambutan either.
Image

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3067
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Livin in a powderkeg and givin off sparks

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:13 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I've got to say lemons.

Even though I prefer the taste of mangoes, I can't eat them.

It's the strangest thing but over the past few years I have developed an allergy to fruits with pits :-/ . Any fresh fruit with a pit (peaches, mangoes, cherries, leechie fruit etc) make the inside of my mouth all itchy and close up my throat. Very disconcerting :-o

Lemons.


wow..you might be one of the only people ive ever "met" that knew what a lychee fruit is :-) those things are good ;-D


Even when they weren't chocking off my supply of oxygen I was none too fond of them.

Not crazy about longans or rambutan either.


i dont like em so much by themselves...i like them in chinese food like sweet and sour chicken with pineaplle and lychees :-)
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:36 pm

I gave my vote to the lemons because as othes have mentioned, they are very versatile and can be used in many different ways. Mangos can be good, but can also be disgustingly mushy- congrats anyway for taking this one.
Image

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3408
Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: waiting for the playoff push...

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:55 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact