Plaxico. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Plaxico.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Plaxico.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:16 pm

Now,Plax isn't gone yet and Ben(they have become friends) has reportedly been trying to his impose his will on both sides.But I think he is gonna go and needs to be replaced.I've heard talks of Gardner,Muhammed,and Jerry Porter and would like to hear some thoughts on these guys as well as any others you can think of...

If Plax is gone,who should the Steelers persue?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:25 pm

If I was a Steeler's fan I would be hoping they get Jerry Porter and praying they don't get Muhammad, I'm just not totally sold on the guy.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:27 pm

Jerry Porter would be a very nice fit in Pittsburgh. Or is it just me? :-?
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:37 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Jerry Porter would be a very nice fit in Pittsburgh. Or is it just me? :-?

Jerry Porter and Joey Porter ahh confusing.

I dont see the need of having to replace plax with a big name wideout just let Randel El take the starting spot.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:40 pm

ljthockey wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:Jerry Porter would be a very nice fit in Pittsburgh. Or is it just me? :-?

Jerry Porter and Joey Porter ahh confusing.

I dont see the need of having to replace plax with a big name wideout just let Randel El take the starting spot.

With Big Ben, Randel El could be a bust like heinz ward. He didn't play enough last year to be considered as a starter IMO. Who knows, maybe he's like Freddie Mitchell. :-b
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:48 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Randel El could be a bust like heinz ward.

Gimme a break man,80 catches in an offense that ran the ball like 60 percent of the time...ridiculous. :-P

Anyways,I liked Porter best of this bunch and also like ARE although I like him better as the 3rd option,he excels there.Have also heard talk of trying to get Lamont Jordan with the Plax money,I guess thinking Bus will retire.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:58 pm

I'd think ideally the Steelers would want another tall guy like Plax is/was in order to have a guy who can "go up and get" throws. I suppose Gardner wouldn't be too bad...he's still got some years left and he should come relatively cheap (trade value and contract value) due to his recent performance. I know you posted it earlier, but I don't think anyone will give a second rounder for him.

Muhammad would probably want too much money (they'll need it if they want to nab Jordan), and Porter has also shown some promise but might want too much cash. None of the three are as tall as Plax (all of them 6-2 compared to 6-5), but they can jump. They shouldn't need an "impact" guy anyway...the run attack is their bread and butter, they have Ward who is just money for the tough catches, and Randle El for speed/trick plays. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:01 pm

How about David Patten? (if the Pats don't sign him) This guy is just like Plax, he's the kind of receiver that you can throw it deep to, and he won't cost the Steelers that much. I think he could fit perfectly with their offense. Just my opinion.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:48 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:With Big Ben, Randel El could be a bust like heinz ward.

Are you kidding? 80 catches, 1000 yards, that's a pretty good year. Granted, he only had 4 TD's, but you had to know that with Roethlisberger at QB and Staley and Bettis in the backfield they wouldn't pass a lot in the redzone. Hines Ward is by no means a bust. He had an off year for fantasy, but he is probably one of the Top 5 all-around recievers in the NFL.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:54 pm

I would like to see the Steelers pursue Jerry Porter, the guys a machine if put into the right offence. Randle El is better suited in my opinon for the slot. I dont think the Raidahs are gonna let Porter slip away though. Muhammed will demand way too much money for what hes worth. Hines Ward a bust??? you have to be kidding, maybe in a fantasy sense he didnt have his best year but fantasy numbers dont win a superbowl. Id take 80 catches for 1000 from any Lions reciever and call him the second coming!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk