Plaxico. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Plaxico.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:49 pm

Burress is a headcase, he doesnt have the talent any of those recievers that were listed. Hes a good reciever, i seen him play at MSU alot. Im not doubting his talent, its just not enough to ever be considered with TO, Moss or 7-11. Someone will over pay for him and be let down.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:53 pm

Seriously, I'd let him walk without hesitation. He's not worth the franchise tag if you ask me. :-[

If he's not willing to accept his role, then good riddance. If you have just one guy on your team whining about his touches, it can break your team's chemistry and focus. Going into next year, it would be the top story for the media to pick on. If you try to force-feed him the ball, he disrupt your normal game plan, and if he doesn't see the ball enough "for his liking," he would stop trying and complain more. When you try to win a championship, you don't have time or room for people like this.

Let him go to some team who thinks he can be the savior. If he does it, good for him - he got his way and his money. If he doesn't, you laugh all the way to the playoffs...and he still has his money - but, he's not destroying your team.

All I can say is that I doubt he's on the Patriots' watch list. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:55 pm

mutantseabass wrote:7-11

I think this is funny.I like CJ as a fantasy WR,hate him as a Bengal but this nick is dumb.7-11's are,well,open from 7-11,hence the name.Maybe he should call himself 24-7,Sheetz(local here),or whatever is open all the time in Cincy.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:58 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:

I think this is funny.I like CJ as a fantasy WR,hate him as a Bengal but this nick is dumb.7-11's are,well,open from 7-11,hence the name.Maybe he should call himself 24-7,Sheetz(local here),or whatever is open all the time in Cincy.

Yeah, TO should change his name to "MTO" in honor of Sheetz. ;-D

Actually, over by Philly I guess Wawa's are the big thing. Who could we name "Wawa?" :-? Hmm, maybe that should be Plax's name...he's always going "Wah, wah" about his touches. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:01 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, TO should change his name to "MTO" in honor of Sheetz. ;-D

Extra ham,no doubt. :-b
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:01 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:

In Michigan 7-11s are open 24/7 365. Never knew that in other states they werent.
Am i the only person on earth that likes TO? I enjoy watching him play the dude is a beast. He also does some nice work for the Alzheimers research fund. My father passed away years ago from the disease and i love that he puts some time in raising money. But ya never hear about those things, the guy has a ton of talent and complains because he wants to win, i see nothing wrong with that. Hes a competitor, ill take him as a Lion anyday. Then you would really hear him complain!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:16 pm

I like TO,antics and all. ;-D
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:36 pm

i don't think it is necessary to replace Plaxico. The steelers dont utilize the passing game that much anyways. They should probably just draft a WR if they feel the need to fill Plax's void. But they do need a young corner.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:41 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:But they do need a young corner.

Well,I do agree that we need secondary help but we have been grooming Ike Taylor(2nd year) and Colclough(Rookie).We need DE and possibly an extre OLB moreso than a CB.I would like to see an experienced FA corner here.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:44 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:He caught 35 of the 86 passes - 51.5 percent

How is that 51.5%??? Acording to my amazing calculations, that equals 40.9%.

ANyway, if Plax wants to be a bitxh and say stuff like that, he doesn't deserve to be on the team. Good coaches pick their players not only for their play on field, but also for their play offfeild, and that's why Mice Tice is really stupid. :-b
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk