Plaxico. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Plaxico.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:53 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:He caught 35 of the 86 passes - 51.5 percent

How is that 51.5%??? Acording to my amazing calculations, that equals 40.9%.

Yeah you're right,I didn't write the article.Makes Plax even worse huh?

Just noticed where the old bust Hines is sitting on that list,sweet!
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:54 pm

It is true, the steelers do need a DE, but another OLB? They already have the second best linebacker core in the NFL (behind the Ravens), and assuming that Kendrell Bell gets healthy, then you have 3 all pro linebackers.

I would think that the Steelers will hope that Carlos Rogers from Auburn is still available, or just snatch up one of the many DEs in the draft.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:06 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:It is true, the steelers do need a DE, but another OLB? They already have the second best linebacker core in the NFL (behind the Ravens), and assuming that Kendrell Bell gets healthy, then you have 3 all pro linebackers.

Well Bell plays the middle so he and Farrior don't factor in here.Porter is solid and Haggans and Harrison both did well on the outside but nothing spectacular and Alonzo Jackson just hasn't made the switch to OLB like he was expected to...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:18 pm

True. The steelers could use an extra OLB. It seems like it is hard to find a weakness on this team.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Azrael » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:54 pm

It'll be interesting to see how Colclough progresses. I remember Polamalu didn't play much his rookie year and then this year he's a pro-bowler. Colclough seemed liked they were expecting him to develop into this shutdown guy. He was mister do everything in JC(?) I believe.

As for WR, I'd like to see us get a bigger downfield WR to compliment Ward. Muhammad concerns me that he had a career year last year...a Jerry Porter could be good for us.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:41 am

I think the Stillers will let Plaxico leave and replace him with Randel El. They seemed to like the progress he made.

I would love to see Burress go to the Rams. Bruce is approaching Raider age and plugging a big receiver like Burress in his place would give defenses fits. Both he and Holt's numbers would increase.

Any of the teams that have been mentioned in the Moss sweepstakes could be interested in Plaxico. He would be like a Moss-lite. Skilled flakey WR who doesn't cost as much as Candy.

Or he could go to the C-Hacks. Imagine having Burress, D Jax, and K Bobbleson on one team.....Okay, get down from the ledge. I'm only joking. Everyone knows there aren't enough balls made for all of these guys to drop.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk