Does GT make anyone else hungry? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Does GT make anyone else hungry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:04 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Jay and I were talking about some nice meat cut selections a few weeks back on IM...I need to know what the best of the best is!

Well we may need to pick up on this, Mercer...There are sirloins, filets, T-bone, Porterhouse, ribeye..to name a few.

One nice thing about being down here in Texas, the beef and Mexican food is top notch. Unforunately, that make the belt fit at the first notch as well.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:21 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:pizza :-)

Pizza is by far the best food overall, I just don't think it falls into that Super Bowl foods catagory though, like you know what I mean? There are certain foods meant just for football, chili and wings being some of them.

For our Super Bowl parties we usually have chili along with one of those 4 foot subs from Subway or the like. Wings always seems like too much work or $$ for what you get.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:11 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Mercer Boy wrote:
Jay and I were talking about some nice meat cut selections a few weeks back on IM...I need to know what the best of the best is!

Well we may need to pick up on this, Mercer...There are sirloins, filets, T-bone, Porterhouse, ribeye..to name a few.

One nice thing about being down here in Texas, the beef and Mexican food is top notch. Unforunately, that make the belt fit at the first notch as well.

I got that general impression from our chat...the Mid-South region is cattle country and would produce some very nice steak vittles! ;-D

I guess maybe that's why I was asking about it...my belts generally fit on the first or second from the end. :-/ Maybe the steak will help me gain a little weight!

Hats are worse...you know how the dots line up on the hats with the holes? Well, in order for a hat to fit me, I have to go past the "neutral" position and use only the last two holes on the hat or else it's too big. My brain density is equivalent to that of a black hole! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:39 am

Well if that is the case Mercer, I would definitely have to suggest the ribeye or porterhouse for you. Should cover all of the bases there.

Start getting some seasonings and marinades..W-sauce works well too.

Ribeyes are fattier with more 'marbled' fat in there, but they are also your most flavorful steak. For extra luxury, go with the 'bone in' ribeye. Extra flavor, and melts in your mouth.

The porterhouses are like t-bones, only bigger and more tender. and contains more of the tenderloin and the sirloin strip.

I would suggest 20+ oz steaks. When you find one you like you can find porterhousese up 50+ oz. Although, that's getting a little out of hand. The bones add some weight...

Ok, now I am starving.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:35 pm

My buddies dad is an amazing chef and we're going to his house for the Superbowl. I am just as pumped for the food as I am for the actual game.

Among many other delicious vittles, last year we had a 10 foot long, 1 foot high sub that he made. Lengendary.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:45 pm

I'm liking the sound of the porterhouse for me...
Fat = :-p - I don't enjoy my steak snapping back at me while I chew.

Lean = ;-D - I'll sacrifice some flavor for an edible peice of meat.

Now I just have to actually go to the store and find this stuff... :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk