What are you doing for the Superbowl? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What are you doing for the Superbowl?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What are you doing for the Superbowl?

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:13 am

Personally i have a buddy who owns a bar and has rented me out his pool/game room out for my first superbowl party. All of the guys and wives(alot of which are my family) from my main fantasy league and some of their friends/family are coming. Theres alot if misc gambling going on, waitresses are supplied by the waitstaff at bar. A texas hold em tourney will be going on. The only problem is the Televisions the are 4 32 inch screens and one i believe its a 57inch. The room itself is pretty large so the 57 inch is hard to see from the pool tables. Should be a good time, this is my first year getting to throw the party and everyone seems impressed that i was able to get the bar gameroom. Im hoping everything goes well. I was just curious to see how everyone spends the greatest sunday of the year.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:11 am

My wonderfull wife.... :-? ..... has told me we are going to her gandparents place to watch the game. Her gandpa can't see or hear very well, so I'll end up describing the game to him as it goes. The good thing is that they have a huge HDTV. ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:24 am

Going to a guy's house to watch the game with one of the leagues I am in. And celebrate my Championship of course.

Oh, and drink about 8 million beers and have Mrs. Swiper drive me home.

Should be a full day!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:08 am

I get together with all the guys from my dynasty league, we give out all the awards for the league (Bust of the draft, Steal of the draft, Comeback team) and we give the trophy to the leagues winner. The last place team (me this year) wins the Jock Strap award, and is forced to wear a jock strap around his neck for the entire night.

Plus, my friends dad who holds the party owns a restaurant and is an amazing cook, so we get some mighty good eats.

Bad thing is, I have orientation for my new job on Superbowl Sunday from 2-5 so I'll be cutting it pretty fine.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:13 am

Well this year I'm breaking my old tradition of going to my Dad's place, and decided to go down to Mardi Gras for the Superbowl. I have no idea what will happen but I'm sure I'll be on my best behavior ;-7 }:-)
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:46 am

Wow, kashikis...That should be incredible down there. Be prepared to walk through vomit, have standing room only everywhere, and be ready to urinate in public.

Once you make it through that ok, get ready to see some knockers, and pass out some beads!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shock Wave » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:21 pm

Usually I sit at home watching the big game with a few friends and its cool. But this time since im not really interested in either team I will probably go to a party and hang out.
Shock Wave
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:35 pm

SB party at my dorm. Liquor (i hate beer...), chips and snackage plentiful. And we'll all be hoping for lightning to strike the stadium... as we all dislike both teams. Not a bunchof people, just a few of my friends. Personally, I'm looking forward more to my Draft party...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:37 pm

Not entirely sure yet. Either going over to some friends for a get together or going to a sports bar.

One thing is for sure though, there will be beer and either wings or pizza, or perhaps both ;-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:29 pm

Staying at home, rooting for the eagles on my old 27 inch.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk