Little Stephen Davis news - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Little Stephen Davis news

Moderator: Football Moderators

Little Stephen Davis news

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:14 pm

The views kinda suprised me, i dont see the Panthers going after a big name free agent RB, Foster though his durability is a question mark is a great back and Nick Goings proved this year that hes no slouch. Davis coming back at all next year is really suprising me earlier indications were he may retire. Its nice to read that hes doing well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:21 pm

heres what the article said

News
After undergoing microfracture surgery back in November, Panthers' running back Stephen Davis is in the midst of rehabilitating his right knee. "I had to go through six-to-eight weeks on crutches without bearing any pressure on it," Davis recently told the Panthers' official website. "I got past that. I'm in my 12th week no, so I can start doing things like PreCor, more weights, and more balance stuff. It's feeling great. Everything that I'm doing is reacting very well. So far I haven't had any kind of setbacks and everything is looking good for me." The injury forced Davis to miss all but two games in 2004.

Views
Panthers' officials are said to be very skeptical regarding Davis' chances of making a full recovery. Meanwhile, they are not convinced that DeShaun Foster can stay healthy, and they don't see Nick Goings as an every-down back. In other words, don't be surprised if the Panthers pursue one of the free agent running backs.

If I were the Panthers, Id look for a FA RB. There are so many quality guys out there, that they shoudl be able to get someone for cheap. I could see A-Train, Rhodes, or Jordan going there at a pretty cheap price (although Jordan thinks hes worth the world)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:23 pm

Even if Davis retires (I at least think he won't be with the Panthers) I don't see them going for a big name this year. I think they'll give Foster a shot and Goings is nice insurance. Their sked has a lot of mediocre D's so they should be OK.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:58 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:Even if Davis retires (I at least think he won't be with the Panthers) I don't see them going for a big name this year. I think they'll give Foster a shot and Goings is nice insurance. Their sked has a lot of mediocre D's so they should be OK.

I agree, Foster may not be the answer, but Carolina should give him a shot at the starting job, with Goings as another solid RB to fall back on.

With that said, Stephen Davis has a lot of toughness and determination. If he can play he will, I don't see him retiring unless he is physically unable.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:03 pm

i highly doubt davis will make an impact next year..but i had enough hope that i took him very late in a league for next year. you never know i guess. :-? pretty sure that foster will be the guy there and will do well.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:08 pm

Nick Goings looked pretty solid I dont see the huge skeptism there. I dont see the need for the Panthers to waste money on a runningback I think there 3 are quite solid If Deshuan Foster stays healthy he has great potential.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk