James wants to go home - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

James wants to go home

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:30 pm

Yeah, fantasy wise he is best of in Indy, but if he wants to be the show, then Miami Vice is right for him. I just don't see what appeals to him other then going back to where he's from, I wouldn't exactly choose Miami as one of my top destinations.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:43 pm

I can't believe it. It's like a sweepstakes to see who gets to go to Miami, a sweepstakes similar to one where the winner gets to clean toilet bowls, very odd. I've never seen so many guys fighting to go to a bad team.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby CC » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:45 pm

My Edge dream situation = Oakland.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:08 am

Okay, I'm now firmly convinced that there is some type of Ricky Williams buried treasure full of illegal substances hidden in Miami that only NFL RB's know about. It's amazing how often athletes talk about winning is the most important thing to them, but that when it comes down to it, they are so willing to leave their successful team for one of the worst teams in the NFL.

If this happens, Edge goes from about the third overall to barely in the top 10.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:22 am

Id say they want to go to Miami because they know they will get lots of carries. And a guy like Henry knows he will be the number 1 guy.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:02 am

As good as Edge is, I wouldn't be too sad to see him go somewhere else. There are plenty of servicable backs in the NFL that would love to play in Indy for less than the projected $6million+ it would cost to keep Edge with the franchise tag. Heck, Dominic Rhodes is probably itching to get playing time after sitting behind James for the last several seasons. I understand that Peyton Manning uses the play-action as a weapon and Edge leaving might be a risk, but I'd be content to spend the extra money on a defensive player or two and use a different runner.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:16 am

I think they should let him go. Use the money on that other thing called DEFENSE. I also think Edge will be sorry if he goes to Miami. He will fall to a middle of the pack RB instead of the stud he is in Indy.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:30 pm

What rich, single, 25 year old professional athlete wouldn't want to goto Miami? It's the land of nightclubs, beaches, and beautiful women in bikini's. 400 touches a year to the man who lands that job and an entire offseason of paradise....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:22 pm

Kensat30 wrote:What rich, single, 25 year old professional athlete wouldn't want to goto Miami?

I know! I know!

One that wants to win a Super Bowl?!?!?
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:53 pm

I'm in agreement with Flux in that he would produce in Miami, but not put up numbers like he is doing in Indy. Peyton takes a HUGE amount of pressure off of him and that Oline is vastly underrated. Fiedler/Rosenfels/Feely aren't anywhere near Peyton's caliber. Really, it'll depend on if he wants to win or not.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk