Hmm...interesting. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hmm...interesting.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hmm...interesting.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:26 pm

The Pats beat the Steelers,no question,so this isn't a whining post...I'm over it,but this is kinda weird.

Rodney Harrison was fined(nothing new to him) for ripping off Hines Ward's helmet during the championship game yet no flags were thrown.In fact,the Patriots had one false start for 5 yards as their only penalty all game.

OK,so they played a solid game right?

They haven't had an offensive holding call against them in 5 straight playoff games,against some pretty good pass rushing DE's and OLBs...seems kinda odd to me.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:39 pm

Oh crap...bagobonez got to GP!!! :-o

;-) ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:44 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Oh crap...bagobonez got to GP!!! :-o

;-) ;-D

LOL,I'm not that bad.This just strikes me as being weird,definitely not the norm.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:56 pm

;-) ;-D

hahha that was the first thing i thought when i started reading this :-) :-b :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:00 pm

I'll be watching Kearse very closely this coming Sunday. ;-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TTTBone » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:08 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:

;-) ;-D

hahha that was the first thing i thought when i started reading this :-) :-b :-)

Make that three. :-b
Weird... so who are the refs gonna favor in the Super Bowl? Obviously, these are the exact two teams which the grand NFL/Media conspiracy wanted.
Don't trust anything you see...
Paranoia is just a heightened sense of awareness. :-o

Seriously, I don't remember the specific play, but I would assume the very human refs missed the meat of the action, and then didn't make the subsequent call because they didn't see everything. Happens every game. As far as the Patriots not being penalized, that probably has something to do with discipline and coaching.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:41 pm

TTTBone wrote:Seriously, I don't remember the specific play, but I would assume the very human refs missed the meat of the action, and then didn't make the subsequent call because they didn't see everything. Happens every game. As far as the Patriots not being penalized, that probably has something to do with discipline and coaching.

I agree 100 percent.I don't remember seeing the fined play either.

They say holding happens every game as well,but it's not always seen/called.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelyeri » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:43 pm

If you guys think the refs aren't biased try watching a raider game. You'd be amazed. I hate refs. :-#

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TTTBone » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:05 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
TTTBone wrote:Seriously, I don't remember the specific play, but I would assume the very human refs missed the meat of the action, and then didn't make the subsequent call because they didn't see everything. Happens every game. As far as the Patriots not being penalized, that probably has something to do with discipline and coaching.

I agree 100 percent.I don't remember seeing the fined play either.

They say holding happens every game as well,but it's not always seen/called.

Actually, they say it happens every play, which is what you probably meant to say, GP.
But I think the coaching and discipline thing is right on here.
Who had less penalties than the Patriots this year?
Least Penalized teams:
1)Seattle -79
2)NYJets - 91
3)Denver - 93
4)Baltimore - 94
5)Pittsburgh - 99
6)New England - 101

Teams that I would personally venture to say are "well coached".

Let's look at penalty yardage:
1)Seattle - 669
2)NYJets - 693
3)Indy - 801
4)Cinci - 810
5)New England - 822

Sure New England wasn't at the very top of these catagories, but they were close enough with their talent and experience to make them pretty dominant. Furthermore, these stats might give us a little insight into how and why the Jets and Seahawks managed to make the playoffs despite playing rather sub-par ball for a good portion of the season.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:13 pm

Yeah Bone,that is what I meant...nice post.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk