Current NE Patriots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Current NE Patriots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Current NE Patriots

Postby therealdude » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:23 pm

I was wondering what the general consensus of the Cafe members is of which Pats will make the Hall of Fame when it is all said and done. I think there should be 6, but will be 5.

My Picks are:

Brady
Dillion
Vinateiri
Seymore
Law

Harrison (should be but won't)

And of corse Belichick

Honorable mention:

McGinest
therealdude
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm

Brady and Vinatieri are the only shoe-ins here because of the SBs,Belicheck too.Harrison maybe should be,can't really think of a solid argument for the rest,maybe Dillon should he get the ring.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:37 pm

Brady and Vin for sure.......I think Dillon needs two more solid years and hes a shoe in. (I know the guys a stud but ya gotta be huge as a Rb to get in.) Seymore i just cant see getting in although again keep playing for the Pats and you never know the guys a beast. Law...im a wolverine homer and i really like Ty but i dont see him getting in. Just my 2cents. Good ol Brian B will get in no question.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:16 pm

Brady, Vinatieri, Belicheck.
Call 'em in.
The rest... not even close yet.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:34 pm

Ty Law: 634 career tackles, 36 ints, 6 TDs, 3 FF, 4 Fumbles Recovered, 2 (soon to be 3) rings. On the bubble.

Richard Seymour: Has played for four years, no way of knowing yet.

Tom Brady: Shoe-in.

Bill B: Shoe-in. Top 3 coach of all time.

Adam V: Shoe-in. So many clutch kicks.

Rodney Harrison: 1049 career tackles, 31 ints, 3 TDs, 13 FF, 8 Recovered. Personally I think this is good enough. I think that he has had a more impressive career than Law. Also 2 rings and soon 3.

Corey Dillon: Doesnt have a ring yet, but should get at least 1 with the Pats. Still under 10,000 yards rushing, but by the end of his career he should be up there. I'd say he will get in, assuming he plays another 2-3 years.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:50 pm

Don't forget Tedy Bruschi. He's had a very solid career, and he has a chance of making it into the HOF. Only problem: He's like a Jimmy Smith. He's had a great career and he's an outstanding member to the team, but he hasn't done anything special yet that would bring up his HOF chances. If he has a spectacular season next year, I think he could get in.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:13 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:Bill B: Shoe-in. Top 3 coach of all time.

No doubt I think he's a great coach, but you're getting a bit ahead of yourself.

Bill Walsh - 92 W 59 L for ~61% winning percentage with 10-4 playoff record and 3 for 3 in Superbowls.

Joe Gibbs - 130 W 70 L for ~65% winning percentage with 16-5 playoff record and 3 rings.

Vince Lombardi - 94 W 36 L for ~74% winning percentage with 10-2 playoff record and 6 championships in 10 seasons.

Don Shula - 328 W 156 L for ~67% winning percentage with 19-17 playoff record and 2 rings.

And now Belichik:
89 W and 71 L for ~56% winning percentage with 7-1 playoff record and 2 rings.

Now you're going to in spite of those statistics convince me that a coach whose really only been considered good for about 4 years, who doesn't even have a 60% winning record is better than not one, but two of the above mentioned coaches?

Seriously, I have nothing against the Pats, I think they're a great team and that Belichik will most likely make it to the hall and be forever known as one of the coaching greats, but give some respect to the guys who've done it longer and better before annointing him the second coming of Lombardi.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:20 pm

What about Chuck Noll?He's listed at #8 alltime on vincelombardi.com.

Noll was head coach of Pittsburgh from 1969 to 1991, leading the Steelers to 16 winning seasons and 12 playoff appearances. Most important, though, was that Noll guided Pittsburgh to four Super Bowl wins in a six-season span from 1974-79, an achievement that will probably never be topped. His lifetime record, including postseason: 209-156-1
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:20 pm

Ok maybe I got a bit ahead of myself, but the things that Bill has been able to do over the last few years are astounding. He will have another ring to his resume after this weekend, and he still is fairly young.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:22 pm

I also thought about Teddy Bruschi when I was writing that list of Pats players. however, if you think about the great MLB that are in the league today, it just seems like he will be overshadowed when he decides to hang it up.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk