Current NE Patriots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Current NE Patriots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:06 am

a super bowl win and a playoff appearance or two, and brady is in. or a loss, and another appearance, witha playoff year, and he is in.

the guy is undefeated in post season play, and does have two super bowl winning drives. (of course, the latter was all of 26 yards)
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:16 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:To be totally honest, it's too early to say any of these guys are locks for the Hall of Fame...even Brady.

I assume you're only talking about players, right? I think Belichick is probably a lock at this point (or at least very, very close).
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:22 am

I guess it is a bit early on Brady, i mean all the guy has done in three years is passed for over 11,000 yards, thrown 80 tds, won 2 superbowl MVPs and is 8-0 in post season.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:24 am

mutantseabass wrote:I guess it is a bit early on Brady, i mean all the guy has done in three years is passed for over 11,000 yards, thrown 80 tds, won 2 superbowl MVPs and is 8-0 in post season.

you thnik 11,000 yards and 80 tds and 2 superbowls is hall of fame credit? if you think so, youre wrong buddy. Owait you say, its only been 3 years! Yah, the hall of fame doesnt induct guys after 3 years. Its too early.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:32 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:I guess it is a bit early on Brady, i mean all the guy has done in three years is passed for over 11,000 yards, thrown 80 tds, won 2 superbowl MVPs and is 8-0 in post season.

you thnik 11,000 yards and 80 tds and 2 superbowls is hall of fame credit? if you think so, youre wrong buddy. Owait you say, its only been 3 years! Yah, the hall of fame doesnt induct guys after 3 years. Its too early.

Yah i said it was a bit early buddy

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:44 pm

Arlo wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:To be totally honest, it's too early to say any of these guys are locks for the Hall of Fame...even Brady.

I assume you're only talking about players, right? I think Belichick is probably a lock at this point (or at least very, very close).

Yes, I meant only players. Sorry for not clarifying. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:52 pm

Come on, no way is Brady a shoe in, and neither is Vinateri. How many kickers are in the hall of fame? Blanda, Stenrued, who else? You need to play for like 20 years and put up insane points. And Brady hasn't played long enough, and hasn't put up good enough numbers to justify putting him in at this moment. Of course, they put Broadway Joe in the hall of fame ;-D .
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:33 pm

Everyone keeps talking about "shoe-ins" - is that a new line of footwear from Nike or are we talkin' "shoo-ins" here??? (Sorry, j/k, couldn't resist that one) :-D :-b }:-) ;-7
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:39 pm

ravage wrote:
DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:Tom Brady: Shoe-in.
I'm sorry to have picked your quote DJF when so many others said the same thing. Your's just looked the clearest.

Come on guys, Brady? If he lasts another 5-6 years with the same kind of numbers, maybe. But he's far from a shoe-in. Two Super Bowl MVPs looks great on a HOF resume but without the rest to go with it he won't stand a chance. He's at about 14,000 yards but that won't get him far when compared to contemporary peers. Bob Waterfield only 97 TDs in his career and made the hall but then he played in the not so pass-happy 40's and early 50's. Brady's numbers do nothing to impress. Not yet anyway.

A shoe-in? Not yet. If he keeps on this track he has a good shot. Even then he'll have to compete with lots of gaudy offensive numbers from this era.

But its not about stats in a guy like Brady's case. Trust me, I have always been anti-Brady being a Jets fan and all, but the way he carries himself and operates is just incredible. The miami game was a fluke. When the pressure is on he steps up time and time again. Three superbowl rings as a QB is enough to get you into the Hall. Therefore he is a shoe in.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:36 pm

It shouldn't be though. Oh well, whenever there are uninformed voters, players like Joe Namath get into the hall of fame. I want to see how "great" Brady is without Bellichek. Obviously, Bellichek will not be coaching in NE for Brady's whole career, and Weis and Cranell are leaving this year. We shall see how much impact they had on Brady.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk