Favre to retire? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre to retire?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:20 pm

Ahahaha, seeing this on the news put a smile on my face, because the Packers are bad without Favre, and it will be like before Favre, and they will be TERRIBLE. And then the Bears will win the division a bunch of times :-D .
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TTTBone » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:26 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote: The possiblity truly exists that next years Viking/Packers games will not include Favre (retirement) and Moss (traded)! That is almost unthinkable. Talk about removing the excitement from a rivalry! I'm seriously depressed now......

Yeah, that would definately take some air out of the rivalry.

One more Driver quote I found:
"I would love for Brett to be my quarterback for the next seven years, if possible," Driver told Murray in the Morning and Sporting News Radio. "I know that right now he's been going through a lot with his family: his dad passed away last year; his brother-in-law passed away this year; his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. I think one thing about it is, he wants to spend time with his family. I would love to have him come back this year, but, in my eyes, I think this season was his last year. I don't think I'll see him back next year. If he does, it would be great. But if not, then everyone knows he had to do things for his family.?

You know as a Packer fan I'd love to see the guy back, but on the other hand, with his wife Deanna's cancer and the other tragedies he's sufferred the past two years, it's probably about time for him to focus exclusively on his family.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:01 pm

First off, I will be very sad to see him go. He is an amazing QB and performer no matter what anyone says.

With that said,

The real question now is -What is Madden going to do if Favre retires? :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:22 pm

man that it bad news to me....i always enjoy watching games with favre, anything is possible with that guy at the helm. it will be very starnge seeing anyone else leading their team :-/ ...personally i think brees would be a decent fit there.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:26 pm

If the Packers don't draft McPherson in this draft, I hope they don't take Charlie Frye. Next year's draft will be chock full of amazing QBs (Leinart, Jacobs, McNeal, Leak, Whitehurst) and they can get a better player at a cheaper price.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:48 pm

Actually CCheese, if Favre does retire, I'd like them to give Nall a shot, and pick up a better veteran than Pederson (Johnson, Bledsoe, Garcia) to compete with him. I'm with you on the "wait until next year to grab the "QB of the future"."
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby CC » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:09 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing some of Nall, the Packers have a good history of developing QBs (although it was predominantly under Holmgren) guys like Brunell, Brooks, Warner, and Hasselbeck all played behind Favre.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LT Blue Colt » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:20 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I could realistically see the Packers moving way up in the draft to pick up Alex Smith now. If Favre retires, I think the Vikings will finally win the division next year!

Or the Lions!?!? HeHeHe! :-D

Sorry, but I've got high hopes. How's the song go? Oh, forget it, then I'll get it stuck in my head.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:54 pm

Crap, I just drafted Favre in the Mock Draft 1. Oh well, that's why it's a really early mock. :-[
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:12 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Ahahaha, seeing this on the news put a smile on my face, because the Packers are bad without Favre, and it will be like before Favre, and they will be TERRIBLE. And then the Bears will win the division a bunch of times :-D .

If Favre retires and Moss is traded out of the division, the Bears just may do it!
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk