Favre to retire? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre to retire?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:12 pm

Azrael wrote:Crap, I just drafted Favre in the Mock Draft 1. Oh well, that's why it's a really early mock. :-[

you arent alone, i drafted him in our early draft also..luckily he was just a backup tho :-]
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:13 pm

I hope the Pack waits another year to draft a franchise Qb, i wanna see my man Leak as a packer!
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:14 pm

theres always ryan leaf to try...
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:06 am

Favre better come back. I want there to be absolutely NO discussion of Hass in Packer yellow.

That being said, if he does go, there's going to be some waves considering both of the starting guards for GB have already said they'd consider leaving if Favre isn't around.

Always great news for the running game. :-P
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:27 am

I think the whole ordeal with his wife having cancer is going to ultimately lead to his retiring this year. Its a shame, because you just don't find so many gritty warriors who play their heart out for their team like this guy. He's the QB the current NFL's QB class wishes they could one day be, and he'll leave a void in the game when he goes.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ravage » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:11 am

I would hate to see Favre retire. The one thing that distubs me most is that the new GM, Ted Johnson, hasn't said something to the media about wanting Favre to stay. It should have been said long before this came out, if he really wants him to stay.

As far as a successor, I think JT O'Sullivan may be a better choice than Nall. I think the kid would do better than Nall.

The Packers need too much on defense and for depth to be trading up in the draft to get a QB. Doesn't matter who your QB is when the defense can't stop a decent college team.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:38 am

Being a Bear fan, I definately can't say I would be sad to see him go.

Honestly though, I would understand if he called it quits, but he is definately still good enough to stay.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:06 pm

There's still enough time before the draft for him to decide. Before I read this, I was convinced that he would be back, all factors considered. Now I'm much less sure. I still believe that he will ultimately come back for a farewell tour that he deserves and most would like to see. Wishful thinking I guess. Maybe he'll drive the wife nuts being around all the time and just tell him to "go play football!"
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:19 pm

i'm telling favre needs to come back for 1 more. And they shouldn't wait to take the QB of the future. They should take Charlie Frye this year and he will be the GB QB of the future.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:15 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Azrael wrote:Crap, I just drafted Favre in the Mock Draft 1. Oh well, that's why it's a really early mock. :-[

you arent alone, i drafted him in our early draft also..luckily he was just a backup tho :-]

You only drafted him in mocks, for the You Don't Know Jack League he is my backup, luckly I have Trent Green as a starter. But that would still mean I'd have to pickup somebody off waivers. I think they should give Nall a shot, I remember him in the Chicago game when Brett rested after the 1st half, he looked awful good. And he did well over in NFL Europe last time he went.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk