Emmitt Smith not retiring afterall! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Emmitt Smith not retiring afterall!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:10 pm

bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:I thought the Dallas sports media had been bought off, and now only reported on Eagles related news. Hmmm, I guess reporting on some has-been Cardinal RB still works for them. :-b
Didn't this guy once play for a better team than the Cardinals? I can't recall.
These memories get to be pretty fleeting and meaningless over the years.


Yeah, those memories are pretty fleeting and meaningless, just like Green Bay's Super Bowl win in 1996. ;-)

And by the way, i got that info from FFmastermind.com, Dallas Morning News' cover story is T.O. talking about how he WILL play, and how he's going to perform a "miracle" on Sunday.

See, the conspiracy has now bought off even the most pro-Cowboy media! What next! Obviously, by now you have seen how even GWBush is for the Eagles, right? Like the correlation of the Iraqi elections and the rise of the Eagles is somehow "coincidental"
I'm not kidding. It's a FACT.
Dip-stick.
Image
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4481
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:11 pm

TTTBone wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:I thought the Dallas sports media had been bought off, and now only reported on Eagles related news. Hmmm, I guess reporting on some has-been Cardinal RB still works for them. :-b
Didn't this guy once play for a better team than the Cardinals? I can't recall.
These memories get to be pretty fleeting and meaningless over the years.


Yeah, those memories are pretty fleeting and meaningless, just like Green Bay's Super Bowl win in 1996. ;-)

And by the way, i got that info from FFmastermind.com, Dallas Morning News' cover story is T.O. talking about how he WILL play, and how he's going to perform a "miracle" on Sunday.

See, the conspiracy has now bought off even the most pro-Cowboy media! What next! Obviously, by now you have seen how even GWBush is for the Eagles, right? Like the correlation of the Iraqi elections and the rise of the Eagles is somehow "coincidental"
I'm not kidding. It's a FACT.
Dip-stick.


Whoa, there pal. Name calling is grounds for getting banned. Moderators, I hope you won't treat me any differently because of my radical views. I know the one time I called someone a name, I got a warning.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:16 pm

I just saw on ESPN's ticker that he would announce his retirement on like Thursday.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10756
Joined: 20 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:08 am

bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:I thought the Dallas sports media had been bought off, and now only reported on Eagles related news. Hmmm, I guess reporting on some has-been Cardinal RB still works for them. :-b
Didn't this guy once play for a better team than the Cardinals? I can't recall.
These memories get to be pretty fleeting and meaningless over the years.


Yeah, those memories are pretty fleeting and meaningless, just like Green Bay's Super Bowl win in 1996. ;-)

And by the way, i got that info from FFmastermind.com, Dallas Morning News' cover story is T.O. talking about how he WILL play, and how he's going to perform a "miracle" on Sunday.

See, the conspiracy has now bought off even the most pro-Cowboy media! What next! Obviously, by now you have seen how even GWBush is for the Eagles, right? Like the correlation of the Iraqi elections and the rise of the Eagles is somehow "coincidental"
I'm not kidding. It's a FACT.
Dip-stick.


Whoa, there pal. Name calling is grounds for getting banned. Moderators, I hope you won't treat me any differently because of my radical views. I know the one time I called someone a name, I got a warning.


How bout you let us handle the buisness? You keep drinking the kool-aid. ;-)
Image
________________________________________
26-13
Only 3 leagues this year. No sense in rooting for everyone in the NFL.
awwchrist
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9433
Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: see that 1:hidden? That's me.

Postby South Park Cows » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:30 am

The Dallas Morning News reported this morning that Emmitt Smith is expected to announce that he'll finish as a Cowboy Thursday. When Smith's contract expires, the Cowboys may sign him to some sort of ceremonial 1 year deal and then place him on the retirement list a few days later later.
Image
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2257
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:01 pm

I could see that happening South Park. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just say he is retiring? Why would he have to wait 2 days to announce it? Just seemed funny was all..Something must be in the works I would think.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:47 pm

Bil Parcells would have to be really dumb to spend money on a guy who would retire 2 days later when they could use the money on players that they actually needed, like a QB or defense??
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby South Park Cows » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:37 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Bil Parcells would have to be really dumb to spend money on a guy who would retire 2 days later when they could use the money on players that they actually needed, like a QB or defense??


Well, I'd highly doubt they would spend that much money on a player who would just play one down.
Image
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2257
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:00 pm

awwchrist wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:I thought the Dallas sports media had been bought off, and now only reported on Eagles related news. Hmmm, I guess reporting on some has-been Cardinal RB still works for them. :-b
Didn't this guy once play for a better team than the Cardinals? I can't recall.
These memories get to be pretty fleeting and meaningless over the years.


Yeah, those memories are pretty fleeting and meaningless, just like Green Bay's Super Bowl win in 1996. ;-)

And by the way, i got that info from FFmastermind.com, Dallas Morning News' cover story is T.O. talking about how he WILL play, and how he's going to perform a "miracle" on Sunday.

See, the conspiracy has now bought off even the most pro-Cowboy media! What next! Obviously, by now you have seen how even GWBush is for the Eagles, right? Like the correlation of the Iraqi elections and the rise of the Eagles is somehow "coincidental"
I'm not kidding. It's a FACT.
Dip-stick.


Whoa, there pal. Name calling is grounds for getting banned. Moderators, I hope you won't treat me any differently because of my radical views. I know the one time I called someone a name, I got a warning.


How bout you let us handle the buisness? You keep drinking the kool-aid. ;-)


Will do. ;-D
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 6:27 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact