Emmitt Smith not retiring afterall! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Emmitt Smith not retiring afterall!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:10 pm

bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:I thought the Dallas sports media had been bought off, and now only reported on Eagles related news. Hmmm, I guess reporting on some has-been Cardinal RB still works for them. :-b
Didn't this guy once play for a better team than the Cardinals? I can't recall.
These memories get to be pretty fleeting and meaningless over the years.

Yeah, those memories are pretty fleeting and meaningless, just like Green Bay's Super Bowl win in 1996. ;-)

And by the way, i got that info from FFmastermind.com, Dallas Morning News' cover story is T.O. talking about how he WILL play, and how he's going to perform a "miracle" on Sunday.

See, the conspiracy has now bought off even the most pro-Cowboy media! What next! Obviously, by now you have seen how even GWBush is for the Eagles, right? Like the correlation of the Iraqi elections and the rise of the Eagles is somehow "coincidental"
I'm not kidding. It's a FACT.
Dip-stick.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:11 pm

TTTBone wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:I thought the Dallas sports media had been bought off, and now only reported on Eagles related news. Hmmm, I guess reporting on some has-been Cardinal RB still works for them. :-b

Yeah, those memories are pretty fleeting and meaningless, just like Green Bay's Super Bowl win in 1996. ;-)

And by the way, i got that info from FFmastermind.com, Dallas Morning News' cover story is T.O. talking about how he WILL play, and how he's going to perform a "miracle" on Sunday.

See, the conspiracy has now bought off even the most pro-Cowboy media! What next! Obviously, by now you have seen how even GWBush is for the Eagles, right? Like the correlation of the Iraqi elections and the rise of the Eagles is somehow "coincidental"
Dip-stick.

Whoa, there pal. Name calling is grounds for getting banned. Moderators, I hope you won't treat me any differently because of my radical views. I know the one time I called someone a name, I got a warning.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:16 pm

I just saw on ESPN's ticker that he would announce his retirement on like Thursday.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:08 am

bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

Dip-stick.

Whoa, there pal. Name calling is grounds for getting banned. Moderators, I hope you won't treat me any differently because of my radical views. I know the one time I called someone a name, I got a warning.

How bout you let us handle the buisness? You keep drinking the kool-aid. ;-)
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby South Park Cows » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:30 am

The Dallas Morning News reported this morning that Emmitt Smith is expected to announce that he'll finish as a Cowboy Thursday. When Smith's contract expires, the Cowboys may sign him to some sort of ceremonial 1 year deal and then place him on the retirement list a few days later later.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:01 pm

I could see that happening South Park. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just say he is retiring? Why would he have to wait 2 days to announce it? Just seemed funny was all..Something must be in the works I would think.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:47 pm

Bil Parcells would have to be really dumb to spend money on a guy who would retire 2 days later when they could use the money on players that they actually needed, like a QB or defense??
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby South Park Cows » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:37 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Bil Parcells would have to be really dumb to spend money on a guy who would retire 2 days later when they could use the money on players that they actually needed, like a QB or defense??

Well, I'd highly doubt they would spend that much money on a player who would just play one down.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:00 pm

awwchrist wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

Dip-stick.

How bout you let us handle the buisness? You keep drinking the kool-aid. ;-)

Will do. ;-D
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk