Canty blinded? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Canty blinded?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Canty blinded?

Postby CC » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:55 pm

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

CANTY BLINDED IN BAR FIGHT?
A league source tells us that former Virginia defensive lineman Chris Canty might be permanently blind in one eye following a bar fight earlier this week.

Per the source, Canty got into it with a much smaller guy. Canty supposedly started it, and the other guy busted a bottle over Canty's head.

Word is that the glass cut Canty's eye, and that he might never regain sight in it.

The twist here is that the incident apparently occurred at a Phoenix-area night club owned by Canty's agents, which could raise some intriguing liability issues.

This is from profootballtalk.com so it might not be true, all the same it could greatly impact Canty's draft status.

Props to GP for hooking up the link.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:39 am

nice way to blow a career, Canty. Why athletes have such humongous egos, even before they are well known (to the public... not just to us FF freaks...), is beyond me.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:54 pm

PFT reports that Canty will be fine.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:14 pm

Wow...very interesting read...Even if he will be fine, he may suffer some droppage on the boards...

Very interesting...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to College Football