any thoughts on the dirty dirty - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

any thoughts on the dirty dirty

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:42 pm

Let's face it: any team would be better with Randy Moss...but man am I sick of hearing: about the Jets getting him, the Falcons getting him, the Raiders getting him. Enough already.

I don't really think Muhammad would be a good fit in their offense, but Plax would. They need that type of vertical receiver. Gardner could fit well with them as well. But their most important priority right now is getting themselves a solid O-line. Not a receiver who will just create more problems off the field than he fixes on the field.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:49 pm

yeah, plax would fit in well there. He can drop passes with the best of them.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:48 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:If Randy landed in Atlanta, the Falcons would be in the SB next year. Period.

I'm sorry, but you did watch the NFC Championship game this past year? Now you're going to claim Randy Moss single handedly makes the Falcons better than the Eagles. The same Eagles that without their best (and only good one) WR beat the Falcons 27-10? In 30-40mph winds, which affects that pass oriented Eagles offense alot more than the run first, second, and third Atlanta offense.

People wonder why Philly fans have attitude, its stuff like this.
First its, Jevon Kearse is injury prone and won't help.
Then it's, TO is a cancer and will kill their team emotionally.
Then its Joe Gibbs instantly makes the Redskins viable contenders for the NFC East.
Then it was Minnesota and Seattle everyone liked to pick for the SB.
Then it was Minnesota to slay them on Monday night.
Then the Packers were supposed to dominate them.
Then they weren't supposed to have an offense without TO.
Then they were going to be rusty because Reid sat them.
Then Vick was supposed to destroy them.

Now you're saying there's no contest between Atlanta and any other NFC team, including the Eagles, if they get Moss? One WR isn't going to instantly make them hands down better than 16 other teams, even if its Jerry Rice in his prime. One WR doesn't win you an NFC Championship(Eagles can attest to this). People just forget about the Eagles, ignore how dominating Andy Reid has been, that they are the most complete and best team in the NFC (by a landslide this year).

Look, if Atlanta wants to pass the ball they need to get Michael Vick out of Kordell Stewart mode or find a QB who can throw (arm strength is nice, but accuracy is far better). And without a QB who can threaten teams with his passes, a complete defense like what the Eagles have will shut them down everytime.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:53 pm

God, he just said Atlanta would contest for the Super Bowl.. didn't say anything about the Eagles. No one has any clue why you're being so defensive and bringing up completely irrelevant points.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:56 pm

maddog60 wrote:
OwenTheBlonde wrote:If Randy landed in Atlanta, the Falcons would be in the SB next year. Period.

I'm sorry, but you did watch the NFC Championship game this past year? Now you're going to claim Randy Moss single handedly makes the Falcons better than the Eagles. The same Eagles that without their best (and only good one) WR beat the Falcons 27-10? In 30-40mph winds, which affects that pass oriented Eagles offense alot more than the run first, second, and third Atlanta offense.

First its, Jevon Kearse is injury prone and won't help.
Then it's, TO is a cancer and will kill their team emotionally.
Then its Joe Gibbs instantly makes the Redskins viable contenders for the NFC East.
Then it was Minnesota and Seattle everyone liked to pick for the SB.
Then it was Minnesota to slay them on Monday night.
Then the Packers were supposed to dominate them.
Then they weren't supposed to have an offense without TO.
Then they were going to be rusty because Reid sat them.
Then Vick was supposed to destroy them.

Now you're saying there's no contest between Atlanta and any other NFC team, including the Eagles, if they get Moss? One WR isn't going to instantly make them hands down better than 16 other teams, even if its Jerry Rice in his prime. One WR doesn't win you an NFC Championship(Eagles can attest to this). People just forget about the Eagles, ignore how dominating Andy Reid has been, that they are the most complete and best team in the NFC (by a landslide this year).

Look, if Atlanta wants to pass the ball they need to get Michael Vick out of Kordell Stewart mode or find a QB who can throw (arm strength is nice, but accuracy is far better). And without a QB who can threaten teams with his passes, a complete defense like what the Eagles have will shut them down everytime.

no, its the constant need to justify yourselves as a whole in a thread that has nothing to do with the eagles. Go be a homer in the Eagles team page, this is about the Falcons.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:44 pm

Nilmerf wrote:God, he just said Atlanta would contest for the Super Bowl.. didn't say anything about the Eagles. No one has any clue why you're being so defensive and bringing up completely irrelevant points.

No, contest would be a different story, he said that they're in the Superbowl with Randy Moss, and that is not a given. Do they contest for it? absolutely, heck they did without him. Is it a foregone conclusion? Not a chance.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:41 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:The problem is not the Falcon's WRs. Granted Vick's numbers would probably go up about 700 yards passing and 10 TDs if they landed Randy Moss. But Vick is not a good QB at passing the ball. I'm not sure just yet, but it seems to me that Vick could turn out to be nothing more than an insanely talented Kordell Stewart type player and may never evolve into a Donovan McNabb...

i agree with this. i see vick having a cannon arm and no accuracy..unless he tunes his passing game up i dont see any of those recievers making a huge difference.
I totally agree with both of you, that's why it was such a shock to see them try and implement the WCO in Atlanta. For that system to work, you need both an accurate passer and one that can properly read and react with the appropriate progressions and I haven't seen where his reactions to things have been that keen either. With all of that in mind, he is still very young in terms of age and can certainly get better, the question is will he.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:46 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:God, he just said Atlanta would contest for the Super Bowl.. didn't say anything about the Eagles. No one has any clue why you're being so defensive and bringing up completely irrelevant points.

No, contest would be a different story, he said that they're in the Superbowl with Randy Moss, and that is not a given. Do they contest for it? absolutely, heck they did without him. Is it a foregone conclusion? Not a chance.

so what? thats his opinion. you got pretty defensive, and even took this as a slight against the eagles?

youre kidding right? were you morally offended by the first statement? give me a break.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:52 pm

yeah i dont understand what this had to do with the eagles. last time i checked this thread was about the falcons.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk