Rising from the Ashes... Our next Thought-Provoking Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Rising from the Ashes... Our next Thought-Provoking Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rising from the Ashes... Our next Thought-Provoking Question

Postby Warpigs » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:20 pm

OK all. Back now and shouldn't have a problem being active again on a regular basis. I apologize to those in the Mock Draft, the Extremely Early League and at the Great Debates. Things have majorly changed at work, and I'm back on the floor more with the kids I counsel at our local group home programs. I really enjoy getting more connected and being out of the office, however, things are a little sticky to say the least in the business and we're working to get things back on track. Anyway, that has forced me to be online VERY sporadically the last month, and my time at the FFC has diminished. Losing my laptop to motherboard problems didn't help, which leaves me with a work desktop computer as my only link to you guys. However, the schedule has finally become consistent again, and I'm back for good this time.

Anyway, my Thought Provoking Question is this...
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:31 pm

is it just me, or is there no question there....

or is that what is supposed to be thought provoking :-? 8-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:40 pm

I was wondering the same thing...hmmmmmmm :-?
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:42 pm

:-?

This question is so profound that it doesn't even exist. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:45 pm

My question is how long do I have to live before Warpigs strangles me for taking over his league. I better start running. :-o
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:45 pm

maybe we are supposed to fill in the blank....

Can there be a question, if a question doesnt exist? Doesnt the fact we are questioning where the question is, warrant that the absence of a question is truly a question?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:51 pm

I thought I'd add a little suspense to the whole TPQ process. Here's the question....

Items cost much less thirty to fourty years ago. In an almost proportional ratio, people made much less, too. Hypothetically (sorry, I don't have the time right now to look up actual numbers), if it cost $0.50 a slice for pizza thirty years ago, but a person made on average $2.00 an hour, and now slices cost around $2.00 and the average wage is $8.00 an hour -- couldn't we all just revert current currency back to a 1975 price? What if we all agreed to take a pay cut as long as all merchandise, gas and other expenses also dropped accordingly?
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby CC » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:58 pm

Why? It would be way too complicated to change the prices of everything, and it wouldn't help us out that much.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:00 pm

What would be the point in that? :-? Seems a little complicated and a waste of effort to The 'Cuna.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Warpigs » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:07 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Why? It would be way too complicated to change the prices of everything, and it wouldn't help us out that much.

Why not? The idea may sound ridiculous, but so does the idea of $100 per gallon of gas in 2035. Our current currency will have to change at some point. They're already thinking of phasing out the penny and possible the nickel. Why should we have to eliminate them to keep up with the trend of inflation? Why can't we revert back to 1975 prices? Or, even keep the prices we have now. We all know that the way things are going, a slice of pizza could well be $6 to $8 in thirty years. Why can't we keep prices the way they are now -- even if it means we all have to lose out on a ton of raises. It's obvious that ultimately, our merchandise will increase in cost to keep the overall proportion about the same, anyway.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Next

Return to General Talk