Rising from the Ashes... Our next Thought-Provoking Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Rising from the Ashes... Our next Thought-Provoking Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:16 pm

It'll be such a slow transition that it won't be that big of a deal. Who cares if you are paying 4 times as much for a slice of pizza? People will be making 4 times as much money. Trying to revert back to 1975 prices is just stupid and will never work...look bro it's either evolution or revolution. The world is changing. The steam has to get out of the pressure cooker one way or another and by trying to keep it in or reverting back to old ways you are just wasting your time.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:39 pm

So if im understanding your theory, i would have to work at my current job for $2.00 an hour? If that is the case even though merchandise would be 4xs less the price as they currently are i could not put up with my boss knowing im only making $2.00 an hour. To me it would just be a psychological problem.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:29 pm

I think people would rather make 4 times more, makes them sound richer even though they spend 4 times more. I think that it would be really hard for the government to just tell every business what they need to put their prices at.

and what about the things that arent porportional, not everything is and was.

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:34 pm

You wouldnt need to manually adjust prices if wages come down. The prices would come down themselves. You know, supply and demand and all that.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:46 pm

I guess if you're into the whole stirring the mud of the world economy with the American dollar.

I'm sure the yen wouldn't appreciate it.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:54 pm

so are you trying to tell me that when I become a grandfather I can't hide a dollar bill behind my back in my hand and as the youngin' to pick a hand, are you trying to tell me by the time I get that old I will have to use a $20, is THAT WHAT YOUR TELLING ME. dang I better get another job
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:15 pm

I'm an economics student.

Basically, as the GDP grows over time.. inflation on the dollar and wages/prices rises to meet that. Small steady inflation is a good thing rather than bad.. higher dollar volume is a reflection of a wealthier society. Inflation also allows people to invest their money in trust funds/stocks/bonds and make profits.

However, hyper-inflation (i.e. Germany/Argentina) is definitely a bad thing.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:20 pm

I would think if that happened, then anyone who currently has a savings or cash stashed away would become millionaires over nite.

So if for some craaaaazy reason this would happen(not that it will but for debatable purposes) everyone would take their cash out of the bank, stock, trusts, etc and keep hidden somewhere. Middle class would then become millionaires overnite.

another reason against that is that their would be a dramatic overstock of currency in the US. Where is the supposed to go?
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:27 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:so are you trying to tell me that when I become a grandfather I can't hide a dollar bill behind my back in my hand and as the youngin' to pick a hand, are you trying to tell me by the time I get that old I will have to use a $20, is THAT WHAT YOUR TELLING ME. dang I better get another job
Amen. Besides if we revert back, how will be able to have the "when I was a kid, a picture show cost a nickel" talk with our grandkids?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:53 pm

MadScott wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:so are you trying to tell me that when I become a grandfather I can't hide a dollar bill behind my back in my hand and as the youngin' to pick a hand, are you trying to tell me by the time I get that old I will have to use a $20, is THAT WHAT YOUR TELLING ME. dang I better get another job
Amen. Besides if we revert back, how will be able to have the "when I was a kid, a picture show cost a nickel" talk with our grandkids?

amen brodda!!!
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk