Canada represnted - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Canada represnted

Moderator: Football Moderators

Canada represnted

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:16 pm

As i look through alot of the posts, i have noticed that Canada is really represented in the forums. I was wondering if the site was based out of Canada or is it pure coincidence? Just another useless thought by MSB.
Image

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11757
Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Motor City

Re: Canada represnted

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:44 pm

mutantseabass wrote:As i look through alot of the posts, i have noticed that Canada is really represented in the forums. I was wondering if the site was based out of Canada or is it pure coincidence? Just another useless thought by MSB.


fair question...perhaps I should be the one to answer this.

I started the cafe many moons ago, but decided I should sell and start something new so I did its called sleeping in all day, with the money I made from selling the Cafe this is all I do now, I'd really like to thank Dan, Menyak, Arlo and the boob man for giving me this chance to be lazy.

So to answer your question yes a canadian did start this but the americans took over bro ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-) ;-) ;-)
Image
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5422
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Re: Canada represnted

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:46 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
So to answer your question yes a canadian did start this but the americans took over bro ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-) ;-) ;-)


Just like Hockey :,-(
Image
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: bitter about missing the playoffs

Re: Canada represnted

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:57 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:As i look through alot of the posts, i have noticed that Canada is really represented in the forums. I was wondering if the site was based out of Canada or is it pure coincidence? Just another useless thought by MSB.


fair question...perhaps I should be the one to answer this.

I started the cafe many moons ago, but decided I should sell and start something new so I did its called sleeping in all day, with the money I made from selling the Cafe this is all I do now, I'd really like to thank Dan, Menyak, Arlo and the boob man for giving me this chance to be lazy.

So to answer your question yes a canadian did start this but the americans took over bro ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-) ;-) ;-)



Well thanks for the response, and congradulations on the sleeping all day! I am originally from Winnipeg, Manatoba but live in the D and have for 33 years. I had only lived in Winnipeg for two years of my life. I still have alot of family living in Winnipeg and also Toronto. I really do enjoy the Cafe, i had originally joined way back, but left the site for a while, posted alot on another site for a long time. Came back here looking to find a site where your posts didnt turn into childish quibbles. I have found that in this site. I do tend to post alot and also have alot of useless thoughts that i have running through my head that i may post now and again. I would like to thank all the posters on the site for being mature even though some of you guys are young. Some of the younger posters on this site have a very keen insite into football and life.You are never too old to learn. Ill stop mt rambling now and say great job seahawk on the site and also to those who run in and moderate it!
Image

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11757
Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Motor City

Re: Canada represnted

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:01 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:As i look through alot of the posts, i have noticed that Canada is really represented in the forums. I was wondering if the site was based out of Canada or is it pure coincidence? Just another useless thought by MSB.


fair question...perhaps I should be the one to answer this.

I started the cafe many moons ago, but decided I should sell and start something new so I did its called sleeping in all day, with the money I made from selling the Cafe this is all I do now, I'd really like to thank Dan, Menyak, Arlo and the boob man for giving me this chance to be lazy.

So to answer your question yes a canadian did start this but the americans took over bro ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-) ;-) ;-)



Well thanks for the response, and congradulations on the sleeping all day! I am originally from Winnipeg, Manatoba but live in the D and have for 33 years. I had only lived in Winnipeg for two years of my life. I still have alot of family living in Winnipeg and also Toronto. I really do enjoy the Cafe, i had originally joined way back, but left the site for a while, posted alot on another site for a long time. Came back here looking to find a site where your posts didnt turn into childish quibbles. I have found that in this site. I do tend to post alot and also have alot of useless thoughts that i have running through my head that i may post now and again. I would like to thank all the posters on the site for being mature even though some of you guys are young. Some of the younger posters on this site have a very keen insite into football and life.You are never too old to learn. Ill stop mt rambling now and say great job seahawk on the site and also to those who run in and moderate it!


ok way to make me feel like an asshole,,,I have nothing to do with this I was just being "immature"
Image
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5422
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:03 pm

The internet is well represented on a whole by Canadians per capita. Probably a higher percentage of Canadians use the internet compared to Americans, and the US population is just under 10x that of Canada's. So it's certainly possible that maybe one out of every seven or eight North Americans online are Canadian.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2059
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: BC

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:09 pm

Nilmerf wrote:The internet is well represented on a whole by Canadians per capita. Probably a higher percentage of Canadians use the internet compared to Americans, and the US population is just under 10x that of Canada's. So it's certainly possible that maybe one out of every seven or eight North Americans online are Canadian.

Could that be because y'all take your frozen asses inside and cruise the net while Americans are out cruisin for chicks and fishing drunk? ;-)
Image
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3055
Joined: 27 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Down at the Spanish Moon ...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:16 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:The internet is well represented on a whole by Canadians per capita. Probably a higher percentage of Canadians use the internet compared to Americans, and the US population is just under 10x that of Canada's. So it's certainly possible that maybe one out of every seven or eight North Americans online are Canadian.

Could that be because y'all take your frozen asses inside and cruise the net while Americans are out cruisin for chicks and fishing drunk? ;-)


There was no better way to put this... awesome... :-b ;-D
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:17 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:The internet is well represented on a whole by Canadians per capita. Probably a higher percentage of Canadians use the internet compared to Americans, and the US population is just under 10x that of Canada's. So it's certainly possible that maybe one out of every seven or eight North Americans online are Canadian.

Could that be because y'all take your frozen asses inside and cruise the net while Americans are out cruisin for chicks and fishing drunk? ;-)

More or less.. compounded with the down-south hillbilly factor.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2059
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: BC

Postby CC » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:35 pm

I'd say its because only a small proportion of Americans are actually able to operate a computer.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 5:32 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact