NFL.com's Play of the Year. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL.com's Play of the Year.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:16 pm

well, I think they mostly put it up there because it was the game winning touchdown. They were down and had no TOs left with only like 40 secs left. Amazingly they handed off and he scored. Not such an amazing play, but a great play under amazing circumstances. I think the vick floating play was better.
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:58 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I liked Ronald Curry's skywalking touchdown grab against Denver in the snow. One of the most incredible catches I've ever seen.

Yeah I'm surprised that wasn't there. I don't even know why Julius Jones's touchdown run is on that list though. It was a 17 yard touchdown run and he broke two tackles. Yippee.

gotta agree with both you guys. The Ronald Curry catch was much better than the Julius Jones run.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:06 pm

I'm amazed they'd give it to Bettis. I'd either give it to Reed's GWinning FG vs the jets in the playoffs OR just to the steelers in general.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby steelyeri » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:14 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I liked Ronald Curry's skywalking touchdown grab against Denver in the snow. One of the most incredible catches I've ever seen.

Yeah I'm surprised that wasn't there. I don't even know why Julius Jones's touchdown run is on that list though. It was a 17 yard touchdown run and he broke two tackles. Yippee.

gotta agree with both you guys. The Ronald Curry catch was much better than the Julius Jones run.

I liked the curry catch as well, and not just cause he's a raider.
:-)

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:35 pm

I'd like to say its the McNabb 60 yarder that took 13 seconds, but that play has one inherent problem that really has nothing to do with how good of a play it was or not. It wasn't that important. If that play had been one that won a playoff game, or lead to a score in a superbowl, it may have well gone down as one of, it not the greatest pass (at least the best scramble for a throw) ever.

Bettis's play was a great one too, but I think they may just be trying to pay tribute to the Bus as he's on his way out, and what with the great year he had that he hasn't received any awards for.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk