Thomas Davis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Davis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas Davis?

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:34 pm

Could someone give me some info on Thomas Davis? In alot of the Mocks i have seen they have the Lions selecting him. I didnt get a chance to see the guy play. Does he have injury problems? Hard Hitter? PLaymaker? good cover guy?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:44 pm

Hard hitter, he is kind of like a linebacker in the secondary. He is super athletic and has a ton of potential. He is a force against the run and can definetly become a solid cover safety in the long run, although he isn't one now. He is easily the best safety in this draft and they don't call him "The Hitman" for nothing.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:49 pm

CC i had heard that he has an injury history at Georgia is this true?

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:15 pm

CC is right on with this guy. As soon as I saw your post MSB the two words I was about to say were 'hard hitter.' This guy is the next Roy Williams. He could probably even switch in as a linebacker if he was needed there. Easily the best safety in the draft, he's big and can tackle well. Hopefully you guys don't take him and we can get him at 16. :-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:19 pm

The Lions have to draft D. I would like to see some highlights of Davis, im sure ill be able to find some closer to the draft. Thanks guys.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:30 pm

mutantseabass wrote:CC i had heard that he has an injury history at Georgia is this true?

He may have one, I'm not really sure, but I don't think it's that serious. He's not really that injury prone. However that strangely small head of his could be injured easily in the NFL.

:-b
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:37 pm

Now we will have to get him a custom made helmet, its always something with the Lions! :-)

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:00 pm

Wow. His head is like a cherry on a redwood trunk.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:57 pm

Actually, kind of an LB in the secondary is true to life... the man plays both positions. Which is great... the man is said to possess Roy Williams style play, while also adding to the teams OLB depth. He's slotted for the Vikings (I think) in my mock, but they draft 7th (Raiders pick). He's not likely to fall out of the top ten.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:34 am

The Lions would be very fortunate to get him in their secondary. I would keep my fingers crossed if I were them. Unless of course they could somehow get Derrick Johnson if he slid that far too, but I wouldn't expect that.

Actually I would love to see the Lions trade down a spot to let someone come up and take a guy, and have the Lions get another pick out of it they way they did with Cleveland last year in Winslow. The Lions still got Roy who was who they seemed to covet all along.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk