Little info on Alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Little info on Alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:51 pm

Morris has had ample enough time to fight his way into 3rd downs.

Even going into the season Holmgren promised more reps for Morris. Which he never got.

I think it's starkly apparent, right or wrong, Morris isn't being counted on.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:15 am

wow this is news to me. alexander in cincy now? the postive thing that this article said is "if they can work it out in the next couple of weeks" he will stay in seattle. that makes it sound like maybe we will have more insight in the near future...if he is staying in seattle that is. :-?
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Turnip » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:08 am

OwenTheBlonde wrote:I don't see the Bungles paying Alexander the money he'll be looking for. I think they may just end up with what they planned for: Perry and last place in the Central. Bad.

Alexander will be in Seattle or Miami. That's it. Wait, I think I just woke Al Davis up...

"the Central?"

This offense will have no problems if Palmer reaches his expectations, regardless of what athletic able-bodied player is in the backfield with him. Of course I guess it might help that Perry, the style back Marvin wants, will be back there. I've had to think about this for a while, and I've decided that, if we have to, we shouldn't be afraid to hand it over to Perry. Marvin has consistently said that he is "our guy" and "better than even we expected." Now it may be time for him to put some money on that statement and start him. If the Bengals do finish last in the AFC North, or "the Central," or even the ACC, it will be because of the defense. Ironic because ML is a defensive coach, but this happens a lot (See Mr. Dungy).

I would be happy to see Alexander in the backfield, who wouldn't? I'm not sure if it makes sense though. And the rumors that he "avoids contact whenever possible" only makes me like him more. He's preserving his body to keep him from being a Dickerson/Ricky Williams/etc. That's intelligent.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:24 am

To be honest, Rudi is not my first pick to replace Shaun, but Rudi would be better than Morris.

After the comment he made about being stabbed in the back, I don't want Shaun back next year. I wish him luck in any AFC team he chooses. If it happens to be Cincy, then so be it.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:43 am

"the Central?"

LOL I shouldn't reply when I've been drinking. I guess I'm just real low on Perry and I think Palmer needs a running game or he'll have a rough year.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby nebula » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:05 am

Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:13 am

I think there is a dropoff between Alexander and Rudi. But that said RBs have tended to do pretty well under Holmgren, so maybe Rudi would put up those kinds of numbers too, but I would be leary.

Although he turned Levens and Bennett into pretty stud RBs there for a bit...Maybe he would do the same for Rudi.

Somehow if they are in affect traded for each other I see Cincy getting the advantage. They may need to sweeten the pot for me. But I guess getting someone for someone who was ready to walk, they might take it and run too.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:20 am

I wouldn't take the whole trade thing quite so seriously, from the way the sentence is worded it's clearly just based on pure speculation from whoever wrote the article. No different than you or I coming up with the idea.

The Bengals and Seattle could always work a trade if both teams franchise their backs by offering them one-year deals and then agree to long-term contracts with the principals.

Also, the obvious point that a couple people have mentioned is also re-iterated.

But if the Bengals can't reach a long-term deal with Johnson, they probably won't be able to get one with Alexander, given that Alexander has one more year of experience and larger yardage and touchdown totals than Johnson.

There's really just no way I could see Alexander ending up in Cincy. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:57 pm

And the rumors fly. I wouldnt count on the most consistent seattle performer to leave. I dont see cincy getting him, and Miami could use him but who are they gonna give up? I dont think Morris will be able to handle the load. Id like to see him stay in Seattle, but maybe theres still some hard feelings over that one yard ;-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:53 am

Remember there is such a thing as the salary cap. (NE pays players under the table or something...) Which position is the most replaceable?

LT
CB
RB
QB

There are so many RB options out there for 2005 it's ridiculous. Later Alexander....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk