Little info on Alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Little info on Alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:27 am

NittanyLions wrote:And the rumors fly. I wouldnt count on the most consistent seattle performer to leave. I dont see cincy getting him, and Miami could use him but who are they gonna give up? I dont think Morris will be able to handle the load. Id like to see him stay in Seattle, but maybe theres still some hard feelings over that one yard ;-)

Who is Miami going to give up? Shaun is an UFA. They wouldn't have to give anything up.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:54 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:And the rumors fly. I wouldnt count on the most consistent seattle performer to leave. I dont see cincy getting him, and Miami could use him but who are they gonna give up? I dont think Morris will be able to handle the load. Id like to see him stay in Seattle, but maybe theres still some hard feelings over that one yard ;-)

Who is Miami going to give up? Shaun is an UFA. They wouldn't have to give anything up.

Unless Miami has cap problems which it doesn't sound like they do.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:17 pm

nebula wrote:More rumors, -- Tampa Bay.

http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGB6P8YCQ4E.html

i actually think that tampa would be a pretty good fit for him...id like to see him land there the most if he leaves seattle.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WatchMeDisappear » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:20 pm

awwchrist wrote:Not interested myself.

Um what are you guys smoking? Alexander is likely gone, and we will need a RB, why not get Rudi? He is a good worker and a hard runner, something Seattle hasnt had in a long time, he can actually pass block and will convert on short yardage situations. The only way this deal wouldnt be great is if some team somehow wants to trade for SA after we franchise him and we get some good picks out of it. Which isnt likely will happen.
WatchMeDisappear
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:27 pm

If the Bengals don't want to pay Rudi there is no way they will pay Alexander, and if the Seahawks choose to address other positions they won't have the money to spend on Rudi.

There's a billion running backs that would be solid enough in Seattle, theres only a few good LTs and QB is a difficult position to replace. Add to that Ken Lucas needs to be signed and Alexander should be soaking up the sun in Miami or Oakland or somewhere next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:58 am

I think Cincy just wants to make some noise with a big name FA just to rise up from the ashes of the old Bungledom some more.

Would Shaun Alexander help the run defense? Didn't think so. The Bengals have other places throbbing in need.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby awwchrist » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:21 am

WatchMeDisappear wrote:

Um what are you guys smoking? Alexander is likely gone, and we will need a RB, why not get Rudi? He is a good worker and a hard runner, something Seattle hasnt had in a long time, he can actually pass block and will convert on short yardage situations. The only way this deal wouldnt be great is if some team somehow wants to trade for SA after we franchise him and we get some good picks out of it. Which isnt likely will happen.

I'd rather tie up the money in the defense. I'd rather see what a Lamont Jordan is gonna cost. I'd rather see ourselves actually get a front office with an actual calender day to their tenure before we FA and the draft rolls around.

I want a lot of things. I don't want Rudi Johnson.

What am I smoking...good one. :~(
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:46 pm

awwchrist wrote:
WatchMeDisappear wrote:

I'd rather tie up the money in the defense. I'd rather see what a Lamont Jordan is gonna cost. I'd rather see ourselves actually get a front office with an actual calender day to their tenure before we FA and the draft rolls around.

I want a lot of things. I don't want Rudi Johnson.

What am I smoking...good one. :~(

Seattle doesn't want Rudi Johnson, he would only cost a fraction less than Alexander at this point. I'd personally love to see a guy like Najeh Davenport signed in Seattle with Maurice Morris as the 3rd down back and maybe even a 3rd/4th round rookie RB for additional depth in case of injury. I honestly don't think there is a dropoff between Alexander and a lot of other free agents out there this year. Alexander is an above average NFL RB, nothing special except for his lack of injuries.... definitely not worth 6+ million dollars/franchise tag.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk