WRs. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Arizona Cardinals

WRs.

Moderator: Football Moderators

WRs.

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:16 pm

Are we finally going to see what could be a very good group finally prodoce next season?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:28 pm

Bryant Johnson in the slot with a healthy Anquan and a more experienced Larry Fitzgerald? Yeah, I'd say there's something to be excited about. Just hope Denny keeps Josh McCown in the mix and doesn't do anything stupid like he did this year. He should never have benched him.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:39 pm

Man if Arizona were to draft a solid quarterback this (future) offense could be a fatnasy goldmine (passing anyway)
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:39 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Bryant Johnson in the slot with a healthy Anquan and a more experienced Larry Fitzgerald? Yeah, I'd say there's something to be excited about. Just hope Denny keeps Josh McCown in the mix and doesn't do anything stupid like he did this year. He should never have benched him.

Yeah,I didn't like the benching either.I was high enough on him going in that I had him as a backup on 2 FF squads.I love Johnson in the slot and Boldin started to show old(hehe 2nd yr) form towards the end and is definitely on the same page as McCown.Fitzgerald made this a potentially very potent trio.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:57 pm

I really think people need to give Josh McCown a fair chance before they start criticizing him. He did a pretty admirable job considering the circumstances he was placed in.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Now what?

Postby lparsons » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:01 am

I agree that benching McCown was a poor move, espcially in hindsight. However, the real question now is, can Warner still produce? And can the O-Line give him teh time he needs (he takes a bit more than some others). Finally, how does McCown fit in now? Is he still the future, or just a backup?
Lance
lparsons
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

McCown vs Warner

Postby runningbackhog » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:54 pm

I'm surprized so many people are on the Josh Mccown Bandwagon. While it is true that he was in a difficult situation last year, I would think that Warner would be the better candidate...he did make it to two Superbowls. His qb efficiency wasn't bad at all last year, and he has a much better supporting cast at Arizona. I say go with the proven guy and then resort to the unproven guy if the proven guy fails to prove himself...
runningbackhog
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby lparsons » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:29 pm

I think it's the perception that Warner is a one or two year guy at most and that AZ still needs a young QB "of the future". I'm not totally convinced of that, but there is some value in stability at the QB position. I don't know that Green is really into that idea though. The Pats have certainly shown how many positions can be shuffled around with versital players, but they have had a rock at QB with Brady. Is the QB position so vital in today's NFL that it requires the stable leadership of a "franchise player"? Or does the parity in the NFL and free agency mean that teams must use systems that can plug in different players as needed?
Lance
lparsons
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Arizona Cardinals