Bledsoe. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Buffalo Bills

Bledsoe.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bledsoe.

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:23 pm

How long does he start here and is Losman the answer when he's done?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:38 pm

Well Bledsoe stats have looked terrible but he did lead them almost to a wild card spot I like J.P Lossman I dont know if he will be the "Future" but he should get a shot at the starting job here in a few years.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:41 pm

Solid D and a good rungame are very good cover for subpar QB play.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:43 pm

I never said that Bledsoe played above sub par. And yeah I most likely worded it wrong Bledsoe didnt "lead" them to a potential wildcard campaign it was Mcgahee and the defense I know but I dont think they would of came as close with the Rook Lossman.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:46 pm

I was just making a statement not necessarily in regard to what you said and yes,I agree,veteran leadership goes a long way.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:27 am

I just can't see them tossing Bledsoe to the curb just yet. The sad thing is he has a reputation of being a great QB, and because of that I doubt the top guys are going to want him as a backup. He's going to have to get jacked up and be replaced due to injury a-la Tom Brady. At the same time, how long do you let a first round QB sit on the bench before you see what he can do?

I actually like watching Bills games and have been doing so for several years. They have promising players like McGahee and Evans, and their defense is solid. The problem is that the division they play in might be the best one in football which makes it hard for them to make the playoffs. I saw this Losman kid in preseason, and he looked really good. I'd like to see Losman get in there as a matter of fact...you might as well go for it. See what happens with your team now and help them gel together for the future...you know he's going to be starting there at some point anyway!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:36 am

NY Post wrote:BYE-BYE BLEDSOE

Drew Bledsoe's status in Buffalo is similarly unsettled. Coming off a terrible season finale that cost Buffalo a chance to go to the playoffs for the first time since 1999, Bledsoe is hardly a lock to remain the Bills starter. Youngster J.P. Losman appears to be emerging as Buffalo's signal-caller sooner rather than later. Neither owner Ralph Wilson Jr. nor GM Tom Donahoe has said anything even remotely supportive of Bledsoe, who would cost the Bills $4.3 million if they were to release him before June 1. With Bledsoe unlikely to accept a backup role and Losman already working hard with QBs coach Sam Wyche, don't be surprised if Bledsoe is looking for a new employer in the coming months. Could his career come full circle with a Bill Parcells reunion in Dallas?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:42 am

Thanks for the knowledge...I could have used that about 30 minutes ago before I said whatever I did...what was that again? :-? :-b

That's good news for the Bills in my view. It's time to go young and see what they can do, just like the Bengals did this year. I'm sure Drew wouldn't mind going to Dallas as long as he knows he'll start. With the crop of QB's they have, he'd probably be the best option.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:45 am

Bring back Jim Kelly!

And oh man, that would be hilarious if the Cowboys signed Bledsoe. Add him and Chris Chandler and they would have a monopoly on old interception-prone QB's.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:12 am

Better Bledsoe than Testecles... :-P

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter