Steve Smith. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Carolina Panthers

Steve Smith.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Steve Smith.

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:26 pm

Any news on him,I'm sure he'll be ready to go next season.Mush is likely gone,does Colbert hurt or help Smith assuming he is the one that would step up.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:37 am

I saw Smith on ESPN sometime last week. When he wasn't talking about TO's injury and the relation to his own and ragging on Fred and Todd, he was saying that he's starting rehab now and should be good to go for next year.

Colbert would be the #2, I'm sure. That sets them up with a receiver corps much like the Steelers - two shorter guys that can burn and make tough catches. It's probably not ideal for Carolina, but I doubt they will mind. I can't see Colbert hurting Smith, but Colbert obviously will see more balls. A lot of guys think Delhomme might be a fantasy boomer next year (like Brees was this year). I think the main question they need to address is the run game. What do they do with Davis, Foster, and Goings?

Personally, I'd probably kick the cripple out and go with Foster. He has the pass catching and rushing ability to keep the offense moving. Barring a second year of injury problems they should be ready to compete for the division crown this year with Atlanta.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:38 pm

i agree with mercer here...i dont see colbert hindering smith. and i agree that their main concern is at running back, which shouldnt be a problem. foster is the man. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Carolina Panthers