Wingin' It - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Wingin' It

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wingin' It

Postby Warpigs » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:35 pm

OK. The big game is a few days away. I have about 20 people coming over to watch the contest. We have about 200 wings waiting to be smothered in sauce, marinated and grilled. However, I'm having trouble finding some good wing recipes. Looking for some hot wings, regular barbequed wings and perhaps some sweet-sour. What are your favorite wing recipes?
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:46 pm

I'm doing the same thing and am looking for different recipes. Though it's simple, I actually like the flavor of the recipe on the back of Franks Red Hot sauce. I know it involves Red Hot and butter.....I forget if it includes any other ingredients. For BBQ, my all time favorite sauce is Open Pit Honey Flavor. I love the stuff. I actually dip potato chips in it too.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:51 pm

We usually do hot and teriyaki...Teriyaki sounds different, but it's amazing. They always go over, and run out. Gives people a nice change of pace...

As for hot, I use the hooters hot sauce. Not too hot at all, but after a few wings, you taste it a little..More flavor than hot.

For spicier I use Stubbs 'wicked chicken wing sauce'...Its very good, but a lot hotter and spicier. Very tasty..

Not real original but they are all very good. If you do the teriyaki flavor, i would just recomment one of the Lawry 30 minute marinades or something similar...

Good luck!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:37 pm

my favorite BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Rays. Don't know if you ahve it where you are, but it's real good. Newman's Own BBQ sauce is good too, but not as good as sweet baby rays. I'm sure the s 911 recipe is around on the internet somewhere. they're ultra hot but are very good.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:56 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:my favorite BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Rays. Don't know if you ahve it where you are, but it's real good.

Sweet Baby Ray's is some good sauce, you probably have it where you are from unless you live in the middle of nowhere because mtryanks12 is East Coast and I'm Midwest/Northwoods. I had it for the first time up at my cabin, in the middle of the northwoods and it was awesome on chicken steaks. Should have it around you.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:05 pm

Sweet Baby Rays is a good sauce and is great for BBQ chicken...I would take Stubbs over that any day.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:18 pm

I like Sweet Baby Rays best just poured over flank steak. If you can handle intense spices in large amounts, it's pretty good.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DUKE » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:56 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:I like Sweet Baby Rays best just poured over flank steak. If you can handle intense spices in large amounts, it's pretty good.
With you guys talking about that stuff I'm going to have to give this stuff a try. I do like Stubbs (previously mentioned) a lot.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:08 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:I like Sweet Baby Rays best just poured over flank steak. If you can handle intense spices in large amounts, it's pretty good.

I think I have to disagree with you on this one...Unless you have a different flavor of SBR's sauce... The kind I have had is more sweeter than spicier.

Very flavorful sauce but if you are looking for something with a kick, I don't think that is the route I would go. But it's good stuff.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Return to General Talk