Emmitt has retired! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Emmitt has retired!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:29 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Trust me... I am not happy with that comment either, as it caused inner-turmoil between Emmitt and the fans that loved him so much. HOWEVER, Emmitt did have the right to be somewhat angry with his team when that happened. What happened, as I'm sure you know, is that Parcells wanted to move the team in a new direction, and he cut Emmitt. Flat out. Emmitt begged for him to reconsider, and to let him stay on at league minimum, but the Great Tuna was steadfast. 13 years or selfless sacrifice to Dallas, and getting the most rushing yards EVER, and he's cut, faster than Akili Smith on a practice squad. I'd be mad too. And we could have USED him still... if only as a coach. Parcells was just a damned stubborn fool. Now, I don't condone the comment he made either, but put the situation into context.

I think that Emmitt the Clown was cut because he couldn't fend off the mighty Troy Hambrick for the starting spot. That should tell you all you need to know about the end of his career. Last season was one in which he probably rededicated himself, caught a good break and was made a feature back. 900 and some odd yards is mediocre, and for a back of the Clown's skills a poor season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ironman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:56 pm

Selfless? Is that what you call hanging around a couple extra years for no other obvious purpose but to run up your numbers? :-t
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk