Music anybody - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Music anybody

Moderator: Football Moderators

Music anybody

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:01 pm

I know music is a big part of a lot of people's lives. Just wondering what type of music people listen to because it is so spread out from where I'm from. There is no music that like everybody likes or dislikes. Like at my school rap is very popular, but the way I look at it, you can't spell crap without rap. I personally like Country and some old stuff like Jimi Hendrix. The thing that makes Jimi's music so good is that he was high whenever he was playing pretty much.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:04 pm

I like rock, and some country...

Also a big BIG BIG 80s fan. If you couldn't tell...Haha.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:07 pm

I like modern rock, country, and a little jazz. That's basically it, I'm not a big music guy.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:23 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:a little jazz. I'm not a big music guy.

I used to be the same, but I just recently got back into listening to Country, because that's what my mom listens to. So do you listen to that Jazz 'cause you're from New Orleans?
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:13 pm

It's in my roots man. And it's just so soothing... :-°
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:28 pm

i listen to just about everything...except twangy country (it makes me wanna be violent :-D ), and really am into 80's stuff.

other things i dont listen to:

michael bolton
kenny g
hanson
celine deion
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:30 pm

It's funny, I think most of the best music comes from jolly old England. Eric Clapton, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and The Who are all among my favourites, Clapton especially.

I think the most underrated band ever, and my favourite band out of the USA would have to be the Allman Brothers. Despite being a cowboy, that's really the only country music I listen to (and it's more rock/blues anyways). Besides Johnny Cash, but everyone listens to him. All you rock/country fans definitely holler at me if you like the Allmans.

I also love Bob Dylan for his songwriting and grungy voice, as well as Jimi Hendrix for his out of the world guitar skills.

Rock is probably the best genre, but like a lot of my sheep-minded peers in middle school.. I developed a taste for hip-hop. The stuff nowadays is just garbage, but I love the rap in the 80's and 90's like The Roots, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Rakim, and the Wu-Tang Clan. Basically the kind of hip-hop that actually has intelligent lyrics.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:39 pm

My tastes are pretty eclectic. I like a little bit of everything, but mostly rock in some form or another.

My top ten favorite groups in no particular order...

1. Duran Duran (duh)
2. The Cars
3. Van Halen
4. Rush
5. Led Zeppelin
6. Pink Floyd
7. U2
8. The Police
9. Run DMC
10. Public Enemy
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:My tastes are pretty eclectic. I like a little bit of everything, but mostly rock in some form or another.

My top ten favorite groups in no particular order...

1. Duran Duran (duh)
2. The Cars
3. Van Halen
4. Rush
5. Led Zeppelin
6. Pink Floyd
7. U2
8. The Police
9. Run DMC
10. Public Enemy

3 of my fav bands. gotta love the 80s. the cars ROCK!!!!
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:07 pm

I like a lot of stuff. like nilmerf said, I think the old school hip hop has a lot of meaning. I also like rock music, nto so much classic, but more modern and alternative including bands like the white stripes, U2, franz ferdinad, the killers, maroon 5, etc etc. I also liek a little bit of the new hip hop, esp the roots and kanye west. I listen to a lot of different music though. oh, and I listen to jazz when I'm working on the computer becasue somehow it helps me concentrate.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk