So Much For Being A Good Samaritan - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

So Much For Being A Good Samaritan

Moderator: Football Moderators

So Much For Being A Good Samaritan

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:50 pm

I heard this on the radio and wanted to share the story. Apparently two people were driving their car late last night when they spotted a large severely injured feline laying in the middle of the road. Feeling sorry for the animal they decided to move it into their vehicle and tried finding a 24-hour vet to take care of the animal.

They got to the next town and spotted a Sherrif's car and flagged it down. The drivers explained their situation and asked the Sherrif for advice about what to do with the animal. The Sherrif took one look at the animal and told the drivers to get out of their vehicle, explaining that the large feline was an injured mountain lion!

Anyways, the two people get out of the vehicle and just then the Sherrif smelled the presence of marijuana on the clothes of the two people. Turns out, the two people got arrested for possession of an illegal substance and the mountain lion had to be euthanized. Talk about a lose/lose situation.

Mountain Lion 0
Good Sam's 0
Sherrif 2 arrests

Turns out the two could have also been charged with possession of a wild animal, but the charges were not filed. :-b
Last edited by Dr. Duran Duran on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:55 pm

too bad... just a couple of stoners trying to do the right thing. Kind of a dick cop, it sounds like.

No, I don't smoke, but given the situation, if I were the cop, I would have let that one slide (depending on how much it was... a dime bag, let it go. Nate Newton... well, that's pushing it).

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:57 pm

man i hate cops.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:03 pm

Wow, hard to figure some of you guys out. Just a few days ago there was a post about the Rams Leonard Little and how he killed someone while driving under the influence of alchohol. There was outrage (rightfully so) on this cafe because he was basically given a slap on the hand. Now we have two guys stoned on pot so bad that they couldn't tell a mountain lion from a housecat and they are out driving and yet the police officer who stops them is a jerk??? Go figure! I for one say good job to the officer, he might have prevented a death that night from two idiots driving while stoned!!
Last edited by Carolina Culpepper on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:08 pm

the whole story is an oxymoron: stoned samaritans. :-b
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:09 pm

then he should have confiscated the rest of what he had, and told them to call a cab. not haul them in when they're trying to do the right thing.

And I'll bet you many who haven't seen a mountain lion wouldn't recognize one either. And I'm assuming it was a youth.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:10 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:the whole story is an oxymoron: stoned samaritans. :-b

great... so you spamed again, and said something stupid and untrue. nice post, yanks. par for the course.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:12 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:the whole story is an oxymoron: stoned samaritans. :-b

great... so you spamed again, and said something stupid and untrue. nice post, yanks. par for the course.

but that is true. they were stoned samaritans.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:13 pm

yanks, define the word "oxymoron."

And try not to use Google this time... :-b

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:15 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:Wow, hard to figure some of you guys out. Just a few days ago there was a post about the Rams Larry Little and how he killed someone while driving under the influence of alchohol. There was outrage (rightfully so) on this cafe because he was basically given a slap on the hand. Now we have two guys stoned on pot so bad that they couldn't tell a mountain lion from a housecat and they are out driving and yet the police officer who stops them is a jerk??? Go figure! I for one say good job to the officer, he might have prevented a death that night from two idiots driving while stoned!!

why dont you go ahead and point out to me where it said that they had been smoking. just because he smelled pot doesnt mean they smoked it.the smell of unsmoked marijuana is a very strong one. if what you are saying is true people that have alcohol in their car should be arrested too.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk