So Much For Being A Good Samaritan - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

So Much For Being A Good Samaritan

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:25 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Carolina Culpepper wrote:Wow, hard to figure some of you guys out. Just a few days ago there was a post about the Rams Larry Little and how he killed someone while driving under the influence of alchohol. There was outrage (rightfully so) on this cafe because he was basically given a slap on the hand. Now we have two guys stoned on pot so bad that they couldn't tell a mountain lion from a housecat and they are out driving and yet the police officer who stops them is a jerk??? Go figure! I for one say good job to the officer, he might have prevented a death that night from two idiots driving while stoned!!


why dont you go ahead and point out to me where it said that they had been smoking. just because hge smelled pot doesnt mean they smoked it.the smell of unsmoked marijuana is a very strong one. if what you are saying is true people that have alcohol in their car should be arrested too.



Actually most states have an "open bottle law" which I'm sure you know means you cannot have an opened liquer or beer bottle in the car. If the officer is smelling the pot on the clothes of the guys that basically would be like an open bottle comparison to alchohol, they must have recently been smoking it. Also I would say that the fact that the story said "a large feline" would indicate that it should have been obvious to someone not under the influence that this was not a housecat. Clearly the story leaves out details that we don't know and if indeed the cat was tiny and only an expert could tell that it was not a regular cat but a mountain lion, and if the guys had not been smoking previous but just happened to have some in the car (hard to figure that the cop would be able to smell that - but we'll give the benefit of the doubt) than I may agree it would have been kind to have let them go. But with the details we have of the story I think the more obvious assumption that these guys had been smoking, couldn't tell the difference between a cat and a mountain lion, and had no business being out driving. If that is the case I stand by my claim that the cop should be congratulated, not dissed!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 305
Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Corey Chavous' Hometown

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:51 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:Actually most states have an "open bottle law" which I'm sure you know means you cannot have an opened liquer or beer bottle in the car. If the officer is smelling the pot on the clothes of the guys that basically would be like an open bottle comparison to alchohol, they must have recently been smoking it.


i dont agree with you. the guys could have easily had pot on them and not smoked it. you came in here comparing a guy who was drunk and killed someone to guys that smelled like pot. yes, it was illegal for them to be in possession, but just because they smell like it doesnt mean they smoked it. yes, there is an open bottle law, but im pretty sure you dont get arrested for drunk driving just because its in your car...you get arrested, or ticketed for having an open bottle in your vehicle. there is a difference. the 2 guys might not have been smart about not knowing what kind of cat it was, but that also doesnt mean they were smoking. for all we know there might be more to the story, but we dont..so dont criticize me or anyone else who disliked what happened with little and didnt approve of what happened to these two guys, its not even in the same ballpark.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:09 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Carolina Culpepper wrote:Actually most states have an "open bottle law" which I'm sure you know means you cannot have an opened liquer or beer bottle in the car. If the officer is smelling the pot on the clothes of the guys that basically would be like an open bottle comparison to alchohol, they must have recently been smoking it.


i dont agree with you. the guys could have easily had pot on them and not smoked it. you came in here comparing a guy who was drunk and killed someone to guys that smelled like pot. yes, it was illegal for them to be in possession, but just because they smell like it doesnt mean they smoked it. yes, there is an open bottle law, but im pretty sure you dont get arrested for drunk driving just because its in your car...you get arrested, or ticketed for having an open bottle in your vehicle. there is a difference. the 2 guys might not have been smart about not knowing what kind of cat it was, but that also doesnt mean they were smoking. for all we know there might be more to the story, but we dont..so dont criticize me or anyone else who disliked what happened with little and didnt approve of what happened to these two guys, its not even in the same ballpark.



Did you not read my last post!?? I said that if they had not been smoking prior and weren't driving stoned than it would have been nice of the officer to let them go. But, if they were stoned while driving than it is totally in the same ballpark as driving while drunk and the results could be another Leonard Little. Since this story is incomplete we don't know which it is. You say I'm jumping to conclusions but you did by assuming they weren't stoned. I think that from the few details that we have of the story it is just as likely that they were.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 305
Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Corey Chavous' Hometown

Postby CC » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:10 pm

Hey, being high doesn't affect your driving.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:22 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote: But, if they were stoned while driving than it is totally in the same ballpark as driving while drunk and the results could be another Leonard Little. Since this story is incomplete we don't know which it is. You say I'm jumping to conclusions but you did by assuming they weren't stoned. I think that from the few details that we have of the story it is just as likely that they were.


ok first off, let me say i dont smoke now, but i did about 10 years ago when i was about 20. i can honestly tell that you never have or you wouldnt be comparing driving drunk to driving high. its not even close. you are the one who assumed they smoked...i assumed nothing. i responded to the story that was written, and no where in the story did it say they had been smoking. you assumed that. little was drinking. that was a fact. if the story would have stated they were high my reaction would have been different...but it didnt. instead you came in calling out people from the cafe that were in outrage over little...me being one of them. if i go into a bar and come out smelling like smoke, does that mean i was smoking???
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:33 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Carolina Culpepper wrote: But, if they were stoned while driving than it is totally in the same ballpark as driving while drunk and the results could be another Leonard Little. Since this story is incomplete we don't know which it is. You say I'm jumping to conclusions but you did by assuming they weren't stoned. I think that from the few details that we have of the story it is just as likely that they were.


ok first off, let me say i dont smoke now, but i did about 10 years ago when i was about 20. i can honestly tell that you never have or you wouldnt be comparing driving drunk to driving high. its not even close. you are the one who assumed they smoked...i assumed nothing. i responded to the story that was written, and no where in the story did it say they had been smoking. you assumed that. little was drinking. that was a fact. if the story would have stated they were high my reaction would have been different...but it didnt. instead you came in calling out people from the cafe that were in outrage over little...me being one of them. if i go into a bar and come out smelling like smoke, does that mean i was smoking???



So from what I am reading we probably are closer to agreeing than we originally thought. If they weren't stoned, they should not have been arrested, right? And if they were stoned they would have deserved it. Since we don't know from the story which it is, I'm willing to leave it at that.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 305
Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Corey Chavous' Hometown

Postby awwchrist » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:34 pm

Getting out of your car to put a large injured cat into your car is something potheads would do.

I'm sorry. They would. At least some of my friends would. And they're the potheads.

Then again, rarely do people who smoke go out driving. It's not as social of a drug as alcohol.

There's not enough detailed information to argue about the scenario. But you two keep on it. I'm enjoying it. ;-)
Image
________________________________________
26-13
Only 3 leagues this year. No sense in rooting for everyone in the NFL.
awwchrist
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9433
Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: see that 1:hidden? That's me.

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:46 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Hey, being high doesn't affect your driving.


How do you know? :-b (JK)

Also, high or not - you have to arrest a guy with a friggin' mountain lion in his backseat with pot.
Image
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4480
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:49 pm

Well that sucks...poor potheads,poor lion.

Also,the word is euthanized.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10756
Joined: 20 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:46 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Hey, being high doesn't affect your driving.


How do you know? :-b (JK)

Also, high or not - you have to arrest a guy with a friggin' mountain lion in his backseat with pot.


I don't drive yet, and when I do I won't be doing it under the influence, I don't smoke often but I have gotten rides from buddies who have been pretty chooched.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:29 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact