Big Ben...Tomorrow,ugh! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Big Ben...Tomorrow,ugh!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Big Ben...Tomorrow,ugh!

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:59 pm

Thursday, February 03, 2005

By Ed Bouchette and Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- It's not what he had in mind, but Steelers rookie quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will play a leading role Sunday in the Super Bowl -- in a musical commercial for the NFL Network.

The one-minute commercial, which was to be shot yesterday in Key West, Fla., opens with Roethlisberger sitting in the tropics with his duffel bag "looking forlorn and downcast," said Leigh Steinberg, the quarterback's agent. Joe Montana then appears on camera to console him.

The commercial features other NFL stars around the league, all disappointed they failed to reach the Super Bowl this year, singing "Tomorrow" from the Broadway musical "Annie."

The script, according to Steinberg, called for the end of the ad to show Roethlisberger and Montana walking down the beach together.

In the meantime, the only quarterback to tame both Super Bowl teams this season won't pick a winner, but he predicted a close game.

"I don't think it's going to be as lopsided as people think," Roethlisberger said.

The New England Patriots are seven-point favorites to defend successfully their championship when they play the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday night. Roethlisberger and the Steelers beat both teams in Heinz Field on consecutive Sundays at midseason, knocking each from the unbeaten ranks.

"I think it's going to be a defensive game," said Roethlisberger, whose personal 14-0 record as a starter ended when the Patriots beat the Steelers in the AFC championship game.

"Both teams have great defenses -- and great offenses as well -- but I think a lot of people are counting the Eagles out too soon. I don't think you need to do that.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:35 pm

I heard an interview with him on the radio yesterday (I think it was Rome) he seemed pretty cool but also kind of bummed about losing to the Pats. He was really taking up to get Plax resigned.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:33 am

The best "Tomorrow" skit was the one with Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones... :-b
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:18 pm

I wonder if Big Ben has gotten a big head? He does a Chunky soup ad and his season starts to tank. Did he pay enough attention to his QBing? Maybe it came too soon, too easy for him. Hey Rothlesberger, this is your future speaking: Get your head out of your A**, Guttpuppy is counting on you.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:24 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I heard an interview with him on the radio yesterday (I think it was Rome) he seemed pretty cool but also kind of bummed about losing to the Pats. He was really taking up to get Plax resigned.

Yeah if you didnt know him and plax live in the same complex. Well, thats plax's home here, he lives in florida really. He said how much hes helped him through it, and Im sure any QB would want his deep man resigned.

I agree with him about the game though
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:32 pm

moochman wrote:I wonder if Big Ben has gotten a big head?

Could be...hard not to when everyone's on your jock.I heard on the radio today that at FHM's Super Bowl party,the girlies were all over the QBs there,Ben in particular.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:51 pm

that'll be the best commercial all night without a doubt. quarterbacks singing a song from annie gives me nightmares, so we'll have to see how it pans out. too bad they cut the janet jackson malfunction joke commercial. :,-(
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:08 am

Guttpuppy wrote:
moochman wrote:I wonder if Big Ben has gotten a big head?

Could be...hard not to when everyone's on your jock.I heard on the radio today that at FHM's Super Bowl party,the girlies were all over the QBs there,Ben in particular.

It's not like I couldn't blame him. I've always thought that were I in the postition that these athletes are in: fame, money, chicks, etc I would self destruct in about one good weekend.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Homeless » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:04 pm

Trouble is now, I think Ben will be mediocre at best next yr, I think it will take the whole of next yr to get back to where he was a few months ago. Believe me I hate to say it, but Ben needs time to recover.... mentally.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to General Talk