Be nice to everyone... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Be nice to everyone...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Be nice to everyone...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:24 am

...because you never know who they know. This is in regards to a story about people knowing NFL stars.

This thread has been done recently, but I have a few others I haven't thought of... and one that I found out tonight which was crazy.

Anyways, so I'm talking to this girl I work with and another guy about Emmitt retiring. I mention that Favre may be soon behind, when she doesn't know who he is... after trying to jog her memory, she claims she doesn't know anyhting about football... she only knows one football player. I ask who, but she says, "You won't know him... he's old." "I might... try me."

"Well, my godfather is Jim Brown."
"No way..."
"Serious. You know who he is?"
I stopped dead. "Like... Cleveland RB Jim Brown?"

Crazy. Jim Brown's own god daughter doesn't like football. And yes, its THAT Jim Brown. So random...

Anyways, I have others I think I've posted before...

1) I know LeRoi Glover's old boss at Sea World, his godmother, and I met his sister.
2) At a taping of Inside the NFL, my brother tripped Dan Marino. I got my Marino jersey signed... and also got autographs by Cris Carter, Collinsworth and Costas.
3) Got Larry Allen's autograph... that was cool.
4) Brother's co-worker knows Curtis Martin... and she didn't know he was an all-star.
5) Met Bobby Ross at a little league game...

others I forgot...

Jim Harbaugh's kid played in Pop Warner the level below me (I was young for my grade, so he's a few years behind me).

Anyone remember Jim Laslavic? Guy is in the Chargers HOF... also played for Detroit and Green Bay through the 70's and 80's. Well, I had a *ahem* thing with his daughter. Jim and his wife are nice enough people, but his daughter is a spiteful wench of whom I hate... and hope she gets the Clap. Which she probably will... she's a bit of a ho... :-b

And that's about it. I posted this just for the Jim Brown story, but I got sidetracked. The goddaughter is actually a pretty cool girl, but given her total lack of any football knowledge, I wouldn't have guessed in a million years she was his goddaughter. Just goes to show you how small the world really is...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Be nice to everyone...

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:37 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:Jim Harbaugh's kid played in Pop Warner the level below me (I was young for my grade, so he's a few years behind me).

Ah, Jim Harbaugh. Back when my team had a real quarterback.
:-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:56 pm

Lol, irony.

Anyways, I don't know any football players, but I have met Wayne Chrebet's father (he's an accountant of some sort). He always seem to have the inside scoop on the Jets, which is cool.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:05 pm

I know that my friend's, mom's secretary is alge crumpler's mom. :-]
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:13 pm

Mike Logan and Russell Stuivants of the Steelers are my gf's sisters friends.
My cuz's best friend is Josh Fogg of the Pirates.
And our photographer is Johnny Unitas' brother, that ones the coolest connection.
My uncle is friends with Wayne Chrebet and Charles Johnson
Another uncle talks to Bobby Knight.

Thats all I can think of, its pretty weird seein pros in person. I met plax at a Cavs game in October and he is a giant, and his cars sweet too ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:32 pm

Heh, my 2nd cousin is John Lynch. Nice guy, sent me a few autographs, watched a Bears-Bucs game from a skybox his family had (his dad is ridiculoso rich.)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to General Talk